Recent content by Evi

  1. E

    THR Evi’s Recovery

    @ jacey After the new year I started doing planks - (leaning on forearms and elbows and pushing off floor while keeping body straight) but after about two or three days I felt like it wasn’t good for the hip so I stopped totally - it seemed to resolve almost completely but not totally But...
  2. E

    THR Evi’s Recovery

    @Jacey I have - but do you think this will improve with more complete rest or is it possible have I damaged something seriously
  3. E

    THR Evi’s Recovery

    So I sort of dropped off the forum because things were progressing so well it seemed boring to post anything Originally I had TRHR on June 13 2019 Finished PT - was pain free - incredibly pleased - at 3 then 6 months totally pain free all the time Then around beginning to middle of January...
  4. E

    THR Evi’s Recovery

    So I’m 9 weeks today and proceeding well I think - knee - right surgical side- seems to be slooooowly resolving I’m doing stairs normally most of the day - but my house has a lot of them - often by late evening I’ve resorted to one step at a time as the stiffness and full feeling around knee...
  5. E

    THR Evi’s Recovery

    Since it’s basically been nothing new- I haven’t posted in a while - but I just passed 7 week post surgery - and thought I’d post a bit of a boring update - but I think in this case boring is good - At completion of 6 weeks p/t ratcheted up the exercises and I think I’m holding my own -...
  6. E

    THR Elf1 Recovery Road

    Glad your home - I’m so shocked and dismayed about your poor hospital experience And despite it all You have such a positive upbeat attitude! Kudos ! Did the lambs wool help? Has the burning sensation subsided?
  7. E

    Revision THR One year later and still pain in groin

    Wow - so sorry to hear about this complication I know that I also struggle with the feeling of being isolated in the house - I will only go to a family members home if it’s not awkward to bring the raised toilet seat - I wouldn’t feel comfortable going to friends unless it’s for the shortest...
  8. E

    THR Icespirit5 Recovery Thread

    Wow - you sound like you are really coming along by leaps and bounds - I’m so happy for you !!
  9. E

    THR Evi’s Recovery

    Thank you everyone for your input - I’m 4½ weeks into recovery at this point - and only 1½ weeks to go on the TEDs and I’m determined they won’t get me to cry uncle. I have been removing them a bit more for sleeping - not every night but before I never took them off except for showers as my...
  10. E

    THR Evi’s Recovery

    So - I haven’t posted much in recovery as it’s just been sorta same old - same old - yesterday I was 4 weeks post op and I think I’m moving along pretty good Progressing from cane to basically without 99 percent of the time - I carry it along on walks in case I start to get tired and begin to...
  11. E

    THR Icespirit5 Recovery Thread

    Wow - you really are getting about - that’s so good - I’m so happy for you - I find the best thing for that achey tightness is ice - I often sleep with ice almost all night long - changing out the packs every 2-3 hours Since your case seems to be a bit out of the ordinary than some of the...
  12. E

    THR Elf1 Recovery Road

    So glad the surgery is finally behind you - prayers and good wishes being sent your way ! Here’s to a speedy recovery!
  13. E

    THR Elf1 Recovery Road

    Best wishes to you - and to an easy recovery !
  14. E

    THR Evi’s Recovery

    So although the last two days haven’t been quite so bad energy wise- I mean I haven’t been a total sloth - I do seem to need a nap in the late afternoon - I was never an afternoon napper but understand I need to let my body have it I had pt again today - I must say I feel my knee being much...
  15. E

    THR Icespirit5 Recovery Thread

    @Icespirit5 - I’m so glad to hear about your recovery - you really seem to be mending quickly - it’s so nice that you’ve been able to even get out to some restaurants !!!! Does your OS have you in pt yet? Sending you positive vibes for a continued successful path to full use of that new hip ...
Back
Top Bottom