Recent content by ertuck

  1. ertuck

    High Blood Pressure

    No Booze or salt whatsoever will help it drop mine was sky high when I went for the pre op now with loads of indoor rowing I have got it down to this morning 113 over 50 it wont stay there for long but it was very pleasing...Don't forget it varies considerably throught out the course of a...
  2. ertuck

    One more sleep

    Best of British..
  3. ertuck

    Hospital Called! 7am

    Next thing you know is that you will be on here dishing out advice as we all have post op.despite all the trepidation. Best of British...
  4. ertuck

    Thinking of you today Beachy...

    Best of British Beachy it will be a breeze and you will wonder what all the apprehension was about ,let us know how you are as soon as you can......
  5. ertuck

    Right TKR Revision December 2018

    What terrible bad luck I hope all goes well for you....
  6. ertuck

    Information for carer

    Tell him to watch the whole of this youtube video of the T K R op. It should give him some idea of what you have gone through!!
  7. ertuck

    October 1st Here I come...

    Best of British today Carol.
  8. ertuck

    43 years, RTKR in December

    Best of British Coach and I do think it pays dividends to exercise pre op if that is what you obviously have become used ,I shall be tracking your progress both pre op and but mainly post op.
  9. ertuck

    Now or Later?

    Didn't you know that once your knee (s) get wind of forthcoming T K R's they immediately start behaving themselves as I am sure they want to avoid the surgery also, don't fall for that old dodge just say "Nice try knee (s) " and then quietly ignore them and go ahead full steam with the op..
  10. ertuck

    Advise on best way to get into car for ride home

    Make sure the seat you are going to sit into is pushed all the way back allowing you maximum room and helping to keep your operated on leg as straight as possible.
  11. ertuck

    43 years, RTKR in December

    I still cannot do a full revolution of the pedals 9 months post op as my bend is still about 90 degrees. I suppose if I were to lift the saddle up to maximum height I could but then when coming to a stop I would probably fall over. Everybody is different. You more than likely will find that you...
  12. ertuck

    43 years, RTKR in December

    A good quality rowing machine American, made in Vermont,practically every Gym has one. I don't think I am allowed to mention the name of here but I am sure you know which one I refer to. I used to run marathons and half marathons slowly but I did them ,I was involved in a heavy lifting job which...
  13. ertuck

    Knee feels - RTKR on 10/1?

    Schpooko I gave up on pain killers when I left the Hospital on the 26th of Dec last year after the op on 21st of Dec. I was given a big bag of pain killers and various other odds and ends, dressings etc none of which I ever used and I never took another tablet after that. Yes it was painful but...
  14. ertuck

    Knee feels - RTKR on 10/1?

    I had an ordinary Ikea chair,a Poang which I cut two lots of wood to the same length as the part of the chair that came in contact with the floor.I think it was three under each runner boosting the chairs height by over 6 inches which made all the difference when sitting down and moreso when...
  15. ertuck

    Am I going to die?

    Plenty of 69 year olds die in front of their t v screens whilst sitting on their sofas without ever having had a TKR. Just a chance you have to take. Nothing is ever guaranteed in life. As you no doubt have read in the study of sixty nine year old recipients , 99% still alive after one year...
Back
Top Bottom