Recent content by Enginerdude

  1. Enginerdude

    THR It's All Good

    Hi Grandma chris I am happy you are doing so well!! I was doing great until 2 weeks ago and for some reason I am in more pain everyday. It is frustrating for me because I have to go through the whole process of referal from my GP just to see the doctor that did my surgery. I am not so sure I...
  2. Enginerdude

    THR It's All Good

    Thanks Jaccey!
  3. Enginerdude

    THR It's All Good

    Hi Josephine did you see my reply to your questions here. I know you are very busy. Could someone tell me the dosage of the recommended pain medication here? It is Tylenol and something else I believe. Thanks.
  4. Enginerdude

    THR It's All Good

    Hi @Josephine Yes if I didn't reply to someone it was missed. Sorry. 1.The pain level is about a 2-3 max. 2. I have been off pain med for months with no need to use them. my GP just gave me some 50 mg arthrotech yesterday and said to take 3 a day to get the inflammation down. 3. I walk a...
  5. Enginerdude

    THR It's All Good

    Hi Well I thought I was doing pretty good but things have got worse. I hope I can get some help here. I had a right total hip replacement Aug. 1st 2013. Things were pretty good except when I would get up from sitting I would limp for a few steps. Now hurts when I sit and when I bring my knee...
  6. Enginerdude

    THR It's All Good

    Well I thought I would give you guys a update on my condition at 3 months post opp.I am doing really well now and back to hiking about 4 miles 3 times a week. Still have some discomfort from my surgery but that is just healing still. My range of motion and strength are coming back real good and...
  7. Enginerdude

    THR It's All Good

    I have to keep in mind we all heal at a different pace. I had my 6 week checkup and the surgeon seemed ok with where I am but wants me back in a month for another look. Jojool it looks like you and I are kinda on the same healing path. Good luck to both of us!!!!
  8. Enginerdude

    THR It's All Good

    Im 6 weeks weeks post op now and still can't walk without a walking aid. Groin pain is reasonable and hopefully will get better. I had my 6 week check up with my surgeon and have to go back in a month for another look. Now if I can get a understanding why people are flying around without a...
  9. Enginerdude

    THR It's All Good

    Thank you for your input folks!!
  10. Enginerdude

    THR It's All Good

    Thanks for the help with the muscle cramps!! Now if someone could answer this for me........I started having groin pain just like preop in the 4th week of recovery. That is so disapointing as the exact pain is why I had this done in the first place. I am hoping it is just part of healing. Ant...
  11. Enginerdude

    THR It's All Good

    Hi Can anyone tell me if they had quite abit of leg cramping in the operated leg especially during the night. Is there something I can do to lesson this? Maybe drink more water may help? Thanks.
  12. Enginerdude

    THR It's All Good

    Hi Everyone! Well I had my staples out yesterday and got afew new exercises from my PT. Feelng really good today,sleeping way better. For me so far it was at first tough and I thought it was going to take forever to get out of the major pain and get mobile. Not true, seems the first 6-8 days...
  13. Enginerdude

    THR All done and home!

    Hey Welcome home!! This day 11 post surgery for me and | am really starting to motor....lol. For me it was ahuge difference from da 5 to now. Good luck and take it easy.....the body is awonderful healing machine.
  14. Enginerdude

    Trying hard not to get too scared.

    Hi Didoan Well it is day 11 post op and I am really coming along! Got up this morning,had coffee di my housework including cleaning up all the day before dog hair from my golden retriever ,had a shower , made breakfast,went outside down the stairs on my crutches and cleaned up the dog poop...
  15. Enginerdude

    THR It's All Good

    Josephine thanks for your replies! Yes i just went through the links again and gota better understanding of it all. As far as tylenol I have been taking 1 extra strength everytime I take ahydromorphine which is about 5 a day right now. I haven't asked my gp or os for apain med refill yet but I...
Back
Top Bottom