Recent content by Elosarabrab

  1. Elosarabrab

    THR Hokey cokey OK

    @zauberflöte I got married on 10 May. I know you were there in spirit with all my hippy bridesmaids in all colours of the rainbow. :cheers2:
  2. Elosarabrab

    THR Hokey cokey OK

    @Kim22 @zauberflöte @Peaches @LeeApril26 @Songlady @TeeEm @sandybeach @Littlejem @ByGosh @sqwerlie @Red Shoe @annieme @Maeve and anyone else I missed - I meant you too, I went for my post op check up today. Had x rays done and my hip flexibility checked. Everything is good and no worries...
  3. Elosarabrab

    THR Hokey cokey OK

    @Josephine @bottomshollow @Poppet I found this and thought it might be interesting to other hipsters QUARK (a type of soft cheese) In Switzerland, quark is recommended by some physiotherapists as an alternative to ice for treatment of swelling associated with sprains, etc.[citation needed] It...
  4. Elosarabrab

    date approaching really scared

    @jebrig3164 Hi, I found the recovery from the first surgery was held back by the hip that still needed the op. I did need to adapt things a bit. For instance when going down stairs you are supposed to lead with the bad hip but as they were both bad I just had to take my time. Once the second...
  5. Elosarabrab

    date approaching really scared

    @jebrig3164 Hi, Butterfly has put it perfectly. I can honestly say the worst thing about surgery was the waiting for it. I had RTHR Dec 2012 LTHR April 2013. I was in complete agony before surgery and had to take time off as I could not move. The post op pain was nothing compared to the bone on...
  6. Elosarabrab

    THR Sandpiper sails over to the other side

    :xmas-kitty:@sandpiper All the best for Christmas and the New Year:sleigh:
  7. Elosarabrab

    Post Op questions & expectations

    Kayviun Dont worry about the toes thing, the pillow between your legs is to stop you crossing your legs, that is the main thing. It doesn't matter too much about the direction the toes choose to point. As you say it's not something you can control. Most people are up and able to go to the toilet...
  8. Elosarabrab

    Going Commando & 'Ahem' ?'s

    Kayviun I had to laugh at your sock putter on-er tale. Lots of us have furry friends without getting any infection problems. Taking obvious precautions you will be fine. The closed back slippers is probably meaning mule type ones are more likely to come off or loose and cause a trip hazard.I...
  9. Elosarabrab

    THR Newbie already on the other side!

    @Littlejem,@Kim22,@TeeEm, @Songlady,@Peaches,@LeeApril26,@sandybeach, @ByGosh.@Liveringer While still looking for work I am doing a computer course to update my skills. Still looking for my wedding outfit. I have an idea what I want, I just haven't found it yet. I better get sorted as I only...
  10. Elosarabrab

    Going Commando & 'Ahem' ?'s

    Kayviun I suggest big knickers with plenty of room. I found touch close shoes in a wider fit than normal were comfortable and more stable than slippers. I wore a loose nighty for hospital, also loose clothing skirts are easier than trousers as they can go over your head.
  11. Elosarabrab

    THR Newbie already on the other side!

    @zauberflöte,@Littlejem,@Kim22,@TeeEm, @Songlady,@Peaches,@LeeApril26,@sandybeach,@Anniepops, @ByGosh.@Liveringer MaevePoppet bottomshollow On December 6th it will be my right hips first anniversary. Time has flown by. I am able to do so many "normal" things that were impossible before the op. I...
  12. Elosarabrab

    wow .... It's moving along quickly

    paulcfc What sort of work do you do? At two weeks you will find sitting for long periods is uncomfortable. Concentration will be difficult. It is a combination of meds making you fuzzy headed and problems getting comfortable. Needing frequent naps too. I hope you can get some leeway with your...
  13. Elosarabrab

    Oh Well, I'm back.

    Gum168 Hi, I had RTHR 6th Dec 2012. LTHR 22 April 2013. I say nightie far easier. Big knickers for comfort as it allows for swelling. I had waterproof dressing each time so I could shower straight away. Ask your OS what type of dressing you will have. I was asked to donate the removed bone for...
  14. Elosarabrab

    When can I?

    zumzumpammy I found sitting for long periods uncomfortable for the first few months. What I found useful was to take a cushion with me. If you plan to go somewhere unfamiliar it pays to check if they have a website which lists facilities like disabled toilets and easy access. I worked my first...
  15. Elosarabrab

    THR scheduled Nov. 26th Extremely Scared

    sean5033 blame the meds. We all post some odd stuff post surgery. :shrug:
Back
Top Bottom