THR Newbie already on the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it Songlady!! I was just seeing bright yellow, pink and green for the bridesmaid outfits zauberflöte do you not fancy that??:heehee: Gretna green was traditionally where the young English lovers used to run to when they wanted to marry at 16 which was legal there, the age in England was 18. :)
 
Oh, my--a weddding, Elosarabrab???? CONGRATULATIONS!!! And I LOVE the idea that you were friends first. (A spouse or spousal equivalent as best friend is my idea of a good life.) We BoneSmartonian Bridesmaids can wear our matching white TED stockings ... (Sorry--the only thing I can contribute to your wedding other than smiles and hugs and tears of joy are lame jokes. No talent.) And I was a bit confused about your surgery dates ... but you are now six weeks out from second hip? You are doing so well!
And, yes, Gretna Green was a place I'd read about in a novel--maybe a Barbara Pym novel. I've always loved the name. Thank you for sharing, Barbara! Can't wait to hear more about it......... !
 
A wedding! Now we're motoring...

Do you watch Four Weddings? I love both the UK and US versions.

Did you see the one about the UK Goth couple who got married in some frozen forest somewhere in Northern Scandinavia? As love tokens, they exchanged phials of each other's blood.

(Put it on your list.)
 
glynis thanks for the idea (I think :eeeuw:) I don't think I will be following that one.
Its second time round for me and we want something quiet and romantic. Gretna fits the bill I think.
You cyber bridesmaids can come in any colour you like. The brighter the better. I am looking out for either a gold coloured suit or dress. Not going for a big white wedding.
 
No meringue dress then, (don't even know if I've spelt that right!! A gold suit sounds very nice and classy, it might clash with our bridesmaid dresses though!!
Not sure about the phial of blood though!! glynis :sick:
 
LeeApril26 Elosarabrab Littlejem glynis Peaches
Littlejem thanks for info-- "run off to Gretna Green" now makes sense! :)
We BoneSmartonian Bridesmaids can wear our matching white TED stockings ...
right, and ix-nay on the eringue-may ess-dray, thankyouverymuch!:rotfl:

Glynis, was that for real?? Blood????:sick:
Barbara, you have lots of time to find just the right outfit. I could see us in shades of gold-like colors, with our spinning daisies held up all sprightly. Are you planning a few flowers? A small reception at home later? I think I'm very glad I don't have daughters!!
 
@zauberflöte,@Littlejem,@Kim22,@TeeEm, @Songlady,@Peaches,@LeeApril26,@sandybeach,@Anniepops, @ByGosh.@Liveringer MaevePoppet bottomshollow
On December 6th it will be my right hips first anniversary. Time has flown by.
I am able to do so many "normal" things that were impossible before the op.
I am back to dancing with my friends that had been unthinkable pre op
tying shoe laces and putting on socks and tights.
Simple things like getting up out of the chair and walking across the room without help. I am able to walk without having to think about where my next rest stop is.
No planning an outing like a military operation, bags full of medication. Finding out where disabled toilets were.
Lots of things that are part of every day life, that until you cant do them you don't even think about.
The only thing I regret is that I put off going for surgery as long as I did.
 
Brilliant Elosarabrab, it's such good news that you are doing so well!! Twelve months since your right hip, I'll bet that has just flown by, I have 3 months more before mine is that old!! :) Great update, any good news on the job front??
 
[Bonesmart.org] Newbie already on the other side!
update!!!!! Always makes my heart smile to hear how great life is after hip replacement. Thanks for sharing.
 
Elosarabrab A couple days short of a full year....congratulations. You did well and are doing great. How are work and wedding planning coming along? Keep us updated:)
 
Elosarabrab What a wonderful update for your first new hips first birthday. I am so pleased that you have got your life back and are enjoying the activities denied to you this time last year.I did most of my Christmas shopping in Eldon Square 2 weeks ago and was able to do all my shopping without constantly looking for a seat for my next rest.In fact we only stopped twice once for lunch and once for coffee like most other people and I was so grateful !.Keep us up to date with your wedding plans and I hope you have had some success on the job front.
 
Great update! Thanks for checking in again. So glad you are now seeing the benefits of this amazing surgery!
 
Wow Elosarabrab how time flies, great update and wonderful to hear from you.
 
Congratulations! Elosarabrab That's great news. Sounds like you are out and about, which is terrific. Hope your job search bears fruit soon. Please keep us posted on the dress search.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom