THR scheduled Nov. 26th Extremely Scared

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really afraid of this surgery. I'm only doing it because my daily life is becoming so affected by the pain that I'm becoming very depressed. I have trouble with the simplest things, something is dropped "oh god this is going to hurt", or just walking "I limp and it hurts so much", and I never sleep longer than a few hours without waking in pain. I can tolerate the pain during the day but at night it is just crazy unbearable.

So quick question: my pain is not just my hip, it also goes down my thigh, under my knee, down my shin (not like shin splits though), and my ankle really aches. Did any of you also have that kind of pain?

59...this was me. My whole leg ached...nights were the worst. And you are correct...you will never get better without the surgery. You can be certain I will not wait so long when it comes time to fix the other side. I did still have a lot of pain the first few weeks and I am not yet pain free, but I am definitely better than before. Part of my problem was a prior hip surgery less than 5 months before the replacement which complicated things somewhat according to my OS. Try not to worry, and realize that you have to give over the control. My husband told me you have to trust someone. I had a hard time trusting any surgeon. I hate being put under.
 
sean5033 blame the meds. We all post some odd stuff post surgery. :shrug:

Maybe that's the answer! It doesn't matter if it makes sense. If you can come up with some thing that keeps YOU calm presurgery, do it! Make it yours and use it to make it through!
 
Hi calikat, remember the song... it seems to help put the pain into perspective for me.. :)

Your toe bone’s connected to your foot bone
Your foot bone’s connected to your ankle bone
Your ankle bone’s connected to your shin bone
Your shin bone’s connected to your knee bone
Your knee bone’s connected to your thigh bone
Your thigh bone’s connected to your hip bone etc...
 
I am also scheduled on the same day and i have come to the realization that it is very normal to be afraid , the thing that i love about this forum is that we don't have to keep our fears and feelings to ourselves, it helps so much to air our feelings.

59yrsyoung (sorry i have trouble tagging your name for some reason) try not to be scared by your feelings and tell yourself it is quite normal to feel that way, won't be long and we will both be on the recovery side telling others what so many have told us, that the wait is the worse part of it all.
Sending Hugs all the way from Tassie.xx
 
Surgery day is here. Still scared makes me cry when I think about it, I feel like I'm saying goodbye to a friend. I know that must sound very silly to everyone but having part of me replaced just feels like losing a part of me.
Can't imagine if I were really losing the whole leg as people do for far worse injuries or disease.
I'm trying to be positive (I know it doesn't sound like it) but their are plenty of positive people around me so I suppose that should be comforting. I know everything will be ok, but I still find it very frightening.
Well, see you on the other side.
J
 
Good Luck ! Just think about how fantastic it will be to get your life back. Big hugs xx
 
@59yearsyoung just think of it as New Years, out with the old in with the new! I can't wait to get my surgery date. I will dance kinda all the way to the O.R.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom