Recent content by Dust

  1. D

    THR 5 weeks post THR<

    Hello everyone, it's my 2 year anniversary and I have been doing great. I do have a question though. A few days ago I have been starting to have aches and soreness to my butt and side of my thigh, both on operated side. I know for sure that I haven't been doing anything to aggravate it, so I...
  2. D

    THR 5 weeks post THR<

    Thank you @MammaT and @Josephine :)
  3. D

    THR 5 weeks post THR<

    @Jaycey , I don't remember carrying anything heavy. I have been careful when moving patients in bed, and only thing that I can think of is that 2 mile walk. I will watch it for sure, I hope and pray to God that is not my implant giving me trouble. Thank you for support and advice, I truly...
  4. D

    THR 5 weeks post THR<

    @Jaycey, I'm a nurse and I'm used to walk quiet a bit, but then again maybe not 2 miles without a break. I hope it's just muscles. Should I be concerned?
  5. D

    THR 5 weeks post THR<

    Hello everyone, it has been 15 months since my surgery, and it's going great! I have been walking with no limp since, something I haven't been able to do for 25 years. I do have a little worry, and I was hoping that @Josephine or someone else knowledgeable, would be able to answer. Five days...
  6. D

    THR 5 weeks post THR<

    Thank you so much everyone, I feel blessed for having you telling me that. It has been 24 hrs since the fall and I still walk fine, no pain thanks Goodness, only some off and on soreness around my thigh and bottom. Living without the constant hip pain makes you forget about being cautious, so I...
  7. D

    THR 5 weeks post THR<

    14 weeks today, I slipped and fell. I was able to stand up, and felt no pain in my hip, only sore muscle. Luckily my OS was able to see me immediatelly and X-ray was done. No abnormalities, but my bottom and my thigh do ache, as well as my lower leg, below my knee. OS said to ice it a lot, which...
  8. D

    THR My recovery journey<

    :dancy:
  9. D

    THR My recovery journey<

    Praying that everything is ok.
  10. D

    THR 5 weeks post THR<

    I have days when I don't do any kind of exercise, besides walking. And even then, I don't walk much at all. I have been only trying to work towards strengthening of my leg muscles, so I wouldn't end up with the permanent limp. I have been limping for years and my muscles have nothing as my non...
  11. D

    THR 5 weeks post THR<

    Yesterday was the 8th week post op. I still think I have a lot to do before feeling totally independent. I'm still learning to walk without a limp. Yesterday I spent about an hour practicing my walk without cane, and I made a just a small progress. I still feel my muscles are not pulling my leg...
  12. D

    THR Hip replaced ... HELP !!!<

    It is normal and you're not being lazy. At 11 days post op I have been mostly in bed, not doing any kind of chores. You're dojng wonderful, energy will come back as well as your strength. I'm at almost 8 weeks post op and still feel tired after a short while. Hang in there :)
  13. D

    THR 2 days to go!!!!

    Good luck on Thursday, sending you bunch of positive thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery :)
  14. D

    THR 5 weeks post THR<

    Awesome! Thank you!
  15. D

    THR 5 weeks post THR<

    Thank you @Jaycey :) I'm still a newbie, learning and adjusting to the new hip, so everything new kind of bugs me and concerns me.:flabber: :reading:
Back
Top Bottom