Recent content by dragonflywoods

  1. dragonflywoods

    MUA for me...I'm discouraged...and a strange pain

    I will be 4 weeks post-op tomorrow. I can understand your frustration, as I have felt it too. Last week, I took a turn for the better. It just seemed like my knee was easier to move around and less pain. I am pretty much off pain meds, except when I go to PT or are feeling sore. PT is getting...
  2. dragonflywoods

    PKR Dragonflywoods 2 days post op PKR

    I got to 107 ROM today at PT and many questions answered that I had been wondering about. Pretty good day, except for a lot of stiffness, I think it's from this yucky weather we are having. Keep pushing on.
  3. dragonflywoods

    PKR Dragonflywoods 2 days post op PKR

    I've been missing in action. With PT 3 times a week, doing an online college class and I started a classroom class last week, I have been exhausted. I went last Monday and saw my ortho Dr. They removed my staples and said everything looks good. I have the steri stripes on now. It's so nice to...
  4. dragonflywoods

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Late posting these pictures. I'm 3 weeks post-op today This is was at 13 days post-op. First is with staples, second without staples.
  5. dragonflywoods

    PKR Dragonflywoods 2 days post op PKR

    Went to PT Friday and was amazed how easy it seemed, left there feeling great. We went and got some groceries, by the time I got home I was tired. Since the orthopedic/PT office was closed for 2 1/2 days this week, they opened up today for busy. So I went again for PT this morning. Today was a...
  6. dragonflywoods

    TKR Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..

    Sounds like your doing great, I hope all will continue to improve.
  7. dragonflywoods

    TKR Finally feeling better

    I'm so sorry you have had a rough road. It sounds like it has been one thing or another. Try to think positive and do what you can. The day after my PKR, I spent most of the day crying. Everything set me off. I was exhausted and felt sick. I wasn't able to pick up my leg and I just didn't expect...
  8. dragonflywoods

    PKR The Knee Replacement Train Rehab Station

    I still get tired off and on. I have been going to bed around 10:30pm and don't usually get up till around 8:00 am. I have noticed some days I get more tired. When I first came home from the hospital I felt so nauseous and did not want to eat. That didn't last very long with me. Sadly I was...
  9. dragonflywoods

    PKR Dragonflywoods 2 days post op PKR

    I've got Cabin Fever! I need a little field trip out of the house. The roads are so icy and filled with snow, most places are closed around here. I was hoping to go to PT today, but a no go again. My next PT appt is Friday, so hopefully the ice will melt tomorrow and I can get out. While I'm...
  10. dragonflywoods

    PKR Dragonflywoods 2 days post op PKR

    Hello all, Thought I would post an update, I am now one week post -op. I was supposed to go to PT today, but we are having some nasty ice weather here in the shores of NC. These parts of NC are not equipped to handle this kind of weather, so people are kind-of freaking out. I'm not a NC native...
  11. dragonflywoods

    PKR The Knee Replacement Train Rehab Station

    Hi, I've just started following you today. I had my partial knee done on Jan 21, so your a little a head of me. I am struggling with leg lifts too. I am starting to get more bend in my knee each day. I don't think my pain meds are enough, but PT has me using an EMPI electrode gadget to help...
  12. dragonflywoods

    PKR Dragonflywoods 2 days post op PKR

    Thank you, how does it feel... well sometimes it feels ok, but when I try to bend it is hurts. It's very stiff sometimes. At this point I just don't know how it is suppose to feel or what it should be doing. PT says one thing, this board recommends another. I just want to do the right thing and...
  13. dragonflywoods

    PKR Dragonflywoods 2 days post op PKR

    I ice after every knee exercise session. I have one of those coolers that keeps cold water circulating through the knee pad. I will sit with it on for hours elevated, then warm the knee back up before exercising. For meds, I am on Vicodin 1-2 tablets every 6 hours. I have been trying to only...
  14. dragonflywoods

    PKR Dragonflywoods 2 days post op PKR

    ***UPDATE*** 5 days post-op Hi all, I went to PT on Thursday afternoon and left there feeling very disappointed. They are saying my ROM is only at 78. I can't remember what they said about laying the knee flat on the table, something like 20??? Again they are telling me I only have a certain...
Back
Top Bottom