Recent content by Dracia

  1. Dracia

    THR Finally on the other side!!!

    Thank you! My hip is hanging in there and I'm definitely doing better than I was pre-op. Getting lots of comments about how well I'm walking, which is SO validating. IT band is calming down, only gets mad at me when I walk a little too much. Bursitis is better than pre-op, but still irritating...
  2. Dracia

    Pain on left hip and butt.

    Lateral/butt pain sounds like bursitis to me, but I'm no professional! Just someone who has bursitis as well!
  3. Dracia

    THR After THR ,knee pain

    Yep! Outer knee for me. OS said it's my IT band and will resolve itself in a few months.
  4. Dracia

    THR How am I doing?<

    Don't be in a hurry to ditch the cane; I'm 11 weeks and just recently ditched mine for good - and I'm 27! At this point, you're at the mercy of your body. You have plenty of time to tackle the normal gait, so no worries! I feel your pain with the out of pocket cost. I had to pay nearly 7k for...
  5. Dracia

    THR Finally on the other side!!!

    Had my 12 week check up with the OS today! Although, I'm only 11 weeks. XD The OS confirmed what Josephine said, my IT band and bursitis should get with the program in a few months. He was SO impressed with how I'm progressing; he was almost as excited as I am! I was afraid I was behind the...
  6. Dracia

    THR Finally on the other side!!!

    I don't understand, I did get my hip replaced. I'm 10 weeks post op.
  7. Dracia

    THR Finally on the other side!!!

    I know you cant predict the future, but with treatment will it likely resolve over time? or a permanent problem? Because it really impacts my ability to walk.
  8. Dracia

    THR Finally on the other side!!!

    Too bad it's not so easy to get rid of! Lol. Can't seem to do any IT band stretches, my hip won't "move" correctly for the stretch. Been using a foam roller on it though and icing. Luckily I see my surgeon next week, maybe he will let me into PT or something that can help.
  9. Dracia

    THR Finally on the other side!!!

    Absolutely! T-LB1, V-LB1, and W-LB1 primarily. V-R3F hurts at the moment after walking 4k steps.
  10. Dracia

    THR Finally on the other side!!!

    @Mojo333 - unfortunately, no improvement. I completely stopped riding the bike and I'm still struggling with lateral knee/bursitis pain despite constantly icing. It's painful, but it won't kill me. Just bugs me that it's keeping me on my cane. Wish I had better news to report!
  11. Dracia

    THR almost 2 weeks post op<

    Reading your latest entry was comforting to me! I'm 10 weeks on Monday and still struggling as well! I'm able to walk without a cane correctly, but it's only for a short while before I resort to limping. Therefore, I use my cane often. Knee pain has been an issue for me too! I was told it's my...
  12. Dracia

    LTHR scheduled for 30 August in Australia

    Yikes! And here I was whining about having to pay 7k out of pocket... So glad you're able to pay for the surgery, you deserve relief!! And you will definitely get your life back!!! Hang in there!
  13. Dracia

    Walkers, crutches and canes...

    Tough question! Each person is so different. For me personally (not bilateral though), I spent the most time on crutches. Walker for about a week, crutches for 7 weeks, then cane. But some people go straight from the walker to the cane. It all depends on how you're feeling! I'm guessing the...
  14. Dracia

    THR Finally on the other side!!!

    One step forward, two steps back. Bah humbug! I wish there was a magic ball to look into that would tell me where I *should* be at 9 weeks. What's too much, what's too little, etc. All is well aside from significant lateral pain/butt pain, I'm guessing bursitis. I had bursitis pre-op, but I was...
  15. Dracia

    Hip replacement in my 30's

    I think taking it slow was by far the most annoying part of recovery. Pretty sure my husband was about ready to zip tie me to my chair. Lol. "It hurts when I do this." "Then dont do that! Sit, woman!" "But I should be able to do x, y, z!" "You had surgery 3 days ago..." My poor, poor...
Back
Top Bottom