Recent content by dougie0216

  1. dougie0216

    THR Left 2013 - Now the right

    Hello everyone! I had my 2-year RTHR check-up on Wednesday. All is well. @Layla - Stay out of trouble? Bwahahaha! @Constanze @Mojo333 - My bursitis has now moved down my list of worries. It was diagnosed with an MRI. It is fine most days, but it still hurts one or two days-per-week. The...
  2. dougie0216

    THR Left 2013 - Now the right

    @Mojo333 @Layla I think of y'all often as well. Hips are . Other parts are wearing out, see above.
  3. dougie0216

    THR Left 2013 - Now the right

    @Constanze 2:03?!? Wow!!! Great Time! I am in awe. My primary care physician has shut me down for a month. My right foot began hurting in November. Long story short, I have metatarsal bursitis in my right foot. No walking/yoga/pilates/bicycling for 4-weeks starting Tuesday 26 Feb. He has...
  4. dougie0216

    THR Cisne on the other side

    @Cisne Hello my Hippy friend with whom I share a Hippaversary! Glad you are doing well. Me 2. Happy Holidays.
  5. dougie0216

    THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

    And Happy Holidays to you too! I'm still not behaving.
  6. dougie0216

    Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

    Hello Grateful Double Hippy! I'm case I don't make it back to the forum prior to 2019, I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I got Life back with both barrels. Man, this fall has been busy!
  7. dougie0216

    THR Layla's Recovery

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I'm early, but this year is nuts and I can't guarantee I'll be back on here for awhile.
  8. dougie0216

    THR Left 2013 - Now the right

    Checking in. I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year. It is great to see family, but that coincides with a busy time professionally. And our departmental Christmas party is at my house, tomorrow... At least I was able to navigate the attic stairs to set up the Christmas deco pain...
  9. dougie0216

    THR Zauberflote #2 on other side!!

    Peace out. I rejoined life several months ago. Personally, a couple of months off would be nice, again.
  10. dougie0216

    THR Left 2013 - Now the right

    @Jaycey Thank You. Life is short, and as far as living life to the fullest goes, some people may have been cheated, I'm not one of them:) Life has been so good, I have replacement parts.
  11. dougie0216

    THR Left 2013 - Now the right

    Hello everyone, thank you for the Birthday and sympathy wishes. This year is going fast. When you hurt, it seems like the days crawl by. Then you get a new part and there don't seem to be enough hours in the day. @Cisne as it turns out, most of my life I had another family only 110 miles away...
  12. dougie0216

    THR Cyclist post op Hip replacement

    Hello @Sluggo . Former runner and current cyclist here. Rode my first post-surgery, 50-mile race this past Saturday - RTHR 01June 2017. Windy & Hot, no one had a PR. Windy!!! I have no numbness in my right leg, but still have a small numb patch on my left leg - LTHR 21NOV 2013. It is at the...
  13. dougie0216

    THR Left 2013 - Now the right

    Checking back in. The absolute craziness of the last seven days is off-the-charts. So we rode the bicycle race and then went to a symphonic concert on Saturday. Monday was my 60th birthday. My co-workers had decorated my office with lovely :censored: 60th birthday decorations :sigh: They bought...
  14. dougie0216

    THR Left 2013 - Now the right

    Hey Hippies! I did it. What a day ! Up at 0340. Air-up tires and put bicycle on vehicle. I took a quick shower, threw on shorts and a T, ate a quick bowl of cereal, put the duffel bag of kit in the car, grabbed the cooler/gatorade/insulated bottles and departed at 0445 for Wichita Falls 70-miles...
  15. dougie0216

    THR Left 2013 - Now the right

    Hello Hippies, here we are on the penultimate day of my recovery from RTHR. Our little group is 100% committed to riding the 50-miler at Hotter-n-Hell in Wichita Falls, Texas tomorrow. It will be a warm start of 75F and around 90F 3.5 hours later when we finish. We will be stopping as some rest...
Back
Top Bottom