Recent content by DogTiredKnees

  1. DogTiredKnees

    TKR Wrong Sized Implant?

    It’s been a while since I posted and over a year since my left knee revision surgery, with bonus fractures. Had another MUA on 17th November last year, but the surgeon was cautious because of the previous fractures and I never achieved any lasting benefit. I’ve been referred to a Pain Clinic...
  2. DogTiredKnees

    TKR Wrong Sized Implant?

    It’s been a while since my last update and 7 months since the knee revision with bonus fractures. This Thursday marks the two year anniversary of the original Total Knee Replacement. Still on 2 crutches outside as my leg remains very stiff and painful. I’m seeing the surgeon in a couple of...
  3. DogTiredKnees

    TKR Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried

    Thanks, @Christie b :) I’m not sure if fractures are a known risk for ALL revisions, or just mine. My leg has got quite spindly since the original TKR.
  4. DogTiredKnees

    TKR Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried

    @Christie b My knee never felt “right” after my original TKR and MUA. I sought 3 opinions from different surgeons and the consensus was that perhaps part of my original replacement was too big. That’s what led to the revision. Unfortunately, during the revision surgery, my femur and tibia were...
  5. DogTiredKnees

    TKR Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried

    @Christie b Oh, I long for the day when I can sleep comfortably on my side! I seem to spend most nights snoring myself awake, because of sleeping on my back :heehee:
  6. DogTiredKnees

    TKR Almost 5 months post op….struggling, frustrated and worried

    @Christie b My revision surgery was 2 days after your TKR :) I like your idea of celebrating each tiny victory. Today I walked further than I have in a very long time. Sometimes it’s very hard to remember a time when my knee wasn’t the focus of my day.
  7. DogTiredKnees

    TKR Two TKRs and a broken kneecap - on the mend now!

    @FionaW Such good news! I know how strange it feels, once the brace is removed. I hope that your recovery is going well without it!
  8. DogTiredKnees

    TKR TKR after tibial plateau fracture

    @Ayse, I’ve just been reading your thread from the beginning. I can’t begin to imagine how frustrating this has been for you. I do hope the next surgery helps you, I’ll be checking for updates. Good luck
  9. DogTiredKnees

    TKR Two TKRs and a broken kneecap - on the mend now!

    @FionaW Sorry to hear about your ongoing problems. You have my every sympathy over the brace. Although, I did strangely miss it, when it finally came off after 11 weeks! I think my leg had become institutionalised :wink: I’m still taking codeine, just at nighttime, to help with ongoing leg/knee...
  10. DogTiredKnees

    Revised PKR to TKR Any MUA advice?

    @Mr.ink I had an MUA a couple of months after my original TKR. Looking back, it wasn’t the right thing for me to do as it was never going to fix the problem, which was that some part or parts of the TKR were, I’m told, too big. I was given a spinal injection and sedation for the procedure, so...
  11. DogTiredKnees

    TKR Still in pain ? How long is normal ?

    @Betty1967kitten I was 55 when I had my original TKR, and was heartily sick of the medical profession suggesting that I was too young for the surgery. I was in my 40s when I was told that I needed my knee replaced and held off having the operation for years. I hope your knee eases up soon.
  12. DogTiredKnees

    TKR Wrong Sized Implant?

    Thank you, @EalingGran, @Jockette, @sistersinhim and @WFD for your comments. I should have mentioned that the referral to hydrotherapy will take a few weeks, and it is anticipated that the open section on my wound should have healed by then :fingersx: I certainly hope so! I am feeling anxious...
  13. DogTiredKnees

    TKR Wrong Sized Implant?

    It’s been 15 weeks since my Knee Revision surgery, which also incurred a fractured tibia, femur and an MCL avulsion fracture. I saw the physio yesterday and she advised me to purchase a low peddler machine from Amazon. I used one during the session and could just about get a full rotation...
  14. DogTiredKnees

    TKR Wrong Sized Implant?

    Thanks so much, @Anniemof :)
  15. DogTiredKnees

    TKR Wrong Sized Implant?

    Thanks, @Layla & @Ghostpipe :)
Back
Top Bottom