Recent content by Dkp

  1. Dkp

    THR 17 days Post-op and Getting There...

    The good news is that the bursitis is starting to settle. It seems the less I do, the better! I could even sleep a little while on that side last night. My whole body seemed to rebel late last week--perhaps an autoimmune response (lupus flare). My wrists & ankles broke out in eczema, my finger...
  2. Dkp

    THR 17 days Post-op and Getting There...

    Thank you, Josephine, for helping with this issue. I don't know how the PA is with a needle, but my GP is excellent, and I'm considering asking him to do it if this doesn't resolve soon! In response to your questions: 1 - pain levels vary by what I'm doing. Sitting -- 1-2 for an hour or so...
  3. Dkp

    THR 17 days Post-op and Getting There...

    . My sweet Buster will have his 1st birthday next week. I adore this furry little guy, and he's been my happiness caretaker the last several months! LTHR 5/29/2014 RTHR 9/20/2011
  4. Dkp

    THR 17 days Post-op and Getting There...

    Meditation works well for me, too, Poppet. I mostly just use soft music (or better yet outside birdsong) now and do a mindful meditation focused on breath. I remember confessing to a meditation teacher once that I was having trouble staying awake for the whole meditation and asking what I...
  5. Dkp

    THR 17 days Post-op and Getting There...

    Also meant to add that the PA said the most effective treatment would be a cortisone injection into the bursa, but there's no way he'll stick a needle in my hip until it's been 6 months. Good to know there's an additional option if this is still a problem by then. :) LTHR 5/29/2014 RTHR 9/20/2011
  6. Dkp

    THR 17 days Post-op and Getting There...

    Thank you all for the support. My surgeon's PA believes I've developed bursitis in the hip. Most of what he proposed as treatment, I've been doing: NSAIDs (which I already take regularly for my lupus), stretches, ice, limiting activities (especially anything that moves my leg out to the side)...
  7. Dkp

    THR 17 days Post-op and Getting There...

    I'm frustrated! I've been doing SO well. I'm 11 weeks post surgery and was feeling almost back to normal. No pain, sleeping well, done with the cane and barely limping, good energy. Feeling great. Nothing has changed, but for the last 2 weeks, I feel my recovery has been slipping--I've started...
  8. Dkp

    THR Sharri Reaches the other side!!!

    Hi @Sharri I share your surgery date and your frustration. My recovery for this hip is so much slower than for the last one. And, after feeling like I had turned the corner and was doing very well, I've had a big increase in pain this last week, slowing my PT progress and sending me back to...
  9. Dkp

    THR Pinching pain in the groin?

    Funny, my OS told me the opposite as Chessie's on the TEDs: okay to take them off during the day once I'm moving around, but to wear them at night because the highest clotting risk is when I'm inactive. I'm 2 months post-op now and was happy to be done with them altogether at 4 weeks! I can...
  10. Dkp

    THR Resurfacing

    I've used Universal Drugstore in Canada several times over the years for drugs that aren't on my insurance's formulary. It's legit, offers big savings, and more often than not, the drug comes from the exact same manufacturing facility as the one I couldn't afford. After establishing an account...
  11. Dkp

    THR Insexec THR Update - Take Two

    @insexec, my husband is also in insurance, and while he's happy at his company, should similar circumstances lead to an early retirement, he wouldn't be terribly disappointed! At age 62, he's ready to retire! I think he's surprised about that--didn't plan to retire ever, but is finally ready to...
  12. Dkp

    THR I am now a hippie too!

    I'll be thinking of you as you return to work tomorrow! Hope all goes well! LTHR 5/29/2014 RTHR 9/20/2011
  13. Dkp

    THR I think I can feel my new hip!

    Yes, the heel pain was annoying. It was the impetus for learning to slide my foot and bend that knee so my foot was flat on the bed. LTHR 5/29/2014 RTHR 9/20/2011
  14. Dkp

    THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

    Good wishes for a smooth surgery and resilient recovery! I'm looking forward to reading your reports.
  15. Dkp

    THR I am now a hippie too!

    Great news! Good for you! My 6-week follow-up is Friday, and I'm really hoping for that pool permission!
Back
Top Bottom