Recent content by Djbrund

  1. Djbrund

    TKR Joni’s TKR 12/11/23

    I don’t really have brain fog. But I also don’t work. Yesterday I got a cold. Ugh! PT said to just rest, which was good because my knee did not want to bend. I’m right now sitting in the grocery store parking lot waiting for my husband to finish the shopping. I pooped out. I broke into a sweat...
  2. Djbrund

    TKR Joni’s TKR 12/11/23

    Hi all! I’m 5 weeks PT. I measured 122 Thursday. When I’m laying flat, my knee no longer seems flat. PT kind of pushed it down - no pain- and it easily went all the way down. He says he’s not worried. He cleared me to drive when I’m ready and take a bath. My bath is narrow and deep with arm...
  3. Djbrund

    TKR Joni’s TKR 12/11/23

    I can’t remember how to make a new post. I do this on my iPhone. Geez!
  4. Djbrund

    TKR Joni’s TKR 12/11/23

    Hi! My name is Joni. I had my left knee replaced about 10 years ago. It was brutal in the beginning. I had my right knee replaced December 11, 2023. Totally different experience. I haven’t had much pain after about the 5th day. I take 1000 mg of Tylenol every 8 hours and a once a day nsaid. I...
  5. Djbrund

    TKR Joni's TKR 9/15/14

    Hi Everyone! My knee I'd doing great. I've been training for my trip to Spain. I leave in less than 5 weeks. It will be 9 mionths post TKR. I've been hiking with my pack at about 12 pounds. My shins are giving me some worry, but not the knee. Oh, it aches some, gives me twinges, clicks and so...
  6. Djbrund

    TKR Joni's TKR 9/15/14

    I'm almost 5.5 months out now. I'm doing pretty good...can do pretty much whatever I want. My knee still gets stiff easily. It aches some if I leave it hanging down too long, but that is it, really. I'm currently in Stillman Valley, IL (near Rockford) because my dad had his knee replaced last...
  7. Djbrund

    TKR Celle's Left TKR

    Funny, I just posted about over doing it. The shed cleaning sounds painful. That is the type of work I do my very best to avoid. Haha. But I bet it HURT! I'm very glad to hear that you are doing so well. And that THE KNEE isn't ruling your (our) life anymore. Take care - Joni
  8. Djbrund

    TKR Joni's TKR 9/15/14

    Thursday I did kindergaten then went for a lovely 4 mile hike. Friday I went out of town for a bit of shopping (all day) and Satuday went for a 6+ mile hike. Sunday another 4 mile hike. This morning I had my first session with a new trainer. So far not impressed. Met some friends for lunch than...
  9. Djbrund

    TKR Joni's TKR 9/15/14

    I hiked almost every day last week, except for Thursday - I worked. I also fit in a couple light gym workouts. Did a bit of shopping today and got so very tired. I almost fell asleep while waiting for the doctor to remove some more skin around an already excised me on my back. Came home and...
  10. Djbrund

    TKR My Husbands Other Half's Introduction Thread

    @My Husbands Other Half, I think the pain is coming from doing too much. Maybe he should take a couple says off, spending the time elevating and icing. Then try going back for shorter days. I found that the less I did, the quicker I recovered. Easy for me to say/do, I don't work but once or...
  11. Djbrund

    TKR Joni's TKR 9/15/14

    @kneeper, Thank you! @Celle, Thank you. I did nothing at all practically for 3 weeks. No meal prep, no housework, nothing. I iced almost 24/7. I walked to the bathroom, bed, couch. PT. That's it. I only work 1 or 2 days a month, and didn't even do that for almost 8 weeks. I took it very slowly...
  12. Djbrund

    TKR Joni's TKR 9/15/14

    @SuperSnapper, Thanks! I just read your last report. Right on schedule. It feels like my life is returning to normal.
  13. Djbrund

    TKR Joni's TKR 9/15/14

    Sunday I went with 5 other women for a 7 mile hike (my app said it was 6.5 miles). Hills and all. It was my 3.5 month gift to myself. The first part of the hike was the easiest part, but everyone was walking so fast that it was actually the hardest part for me (that damn stamina), then we hit...
  14. Djbrund

    PKR Slow, steady recovery....challenging gains in ROM

    My theory is that the younger and more athletic you are, the slower the recovery. I'm not an athlete, but I am active. I hike. I'm 3.5 months out from my TKR and was still taking daily pain meds quite a long time....weeks. I'm back hiking without a pack, doing easy to moderate hills of 4-5...
Back
Top Bottom