Recent content by Dizzy

  1. Dizzy

    TKR I'm back!!!!

    Well, I'm coming up on 1 year post-op on my LTKR and 2 years post-op on the revision on my RTKR. I am still experiencing burning sensation around both knee areas after standing and sitting. I am disappointed, to say the least, that this has not improved over this length of time. It does feel...
  2. Dizzy

    Revision TKR Mamie's Recovery Thread

    I don't check in very often now, but when I do, I look for your posts, Mamie. Sorry to see you are still having issues but I hope, and pray, that you find relief with your new healthcare person. Know that you are thought of often! :prayer:
  3. Dizzy

    Revision TKR Mamie's Recovery Thread

    Glad to see you, Mamie. I've been hoping you'd be checking in. Sorry to see that you are still struggling. I hope this blood clot of yours goes away soon. It seems that is delaying your recovery. Know that I am sending positive energy and prayers your way!
  4. Dizzy

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    No...I have not tried any pain relief actions. Frankly, I just don't want to "fuss" any more with them. I'm able to function in my daily life in spite of the discomfort. I'm not walking "10,000 steps" nor running any marathons, and that's fine by me. I am able to do the things that are...
  5. Dizzy

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    I, too, have learned just to live with it! Been over 3 years since my RTKR, and while I don't have constant pain, there still is pain. Actually, after having my LTKR in July 2020, both knees feel the same...tightness around the knee, skin sensitivity, etc. Like you, I realize I'm not one of...
  6. Dizzy

    TKR Update

    I, too, am not one of the lucky ones who have no pain, and great results, following a TKR. Can't say I have the same constant pain as before surgery, but still experiencing tightness and pain standing and sitting. wish I could be one of the lucky ones but I've learned to accept what I have....
  7. Dizzy

    TKR All going well, surgeon's instructions lacking.

    I, too, have the skin sensitivity..still at 7 months post op. However, not as bad as right after surgery. After surgery, I used the "plastic wrap" suggestion and found it very effective ( wrap knee area with a little plastic wrap ) and found that I slept better also. Now I am using Arnica gel...
  8. Dizzy

    TKR How long till I feel better and normal after TKR?

    I totally agree with you!! People do PT and then exercises like crazy, then complain that they still have swelling and pain!!! Kind of a no brainer....less pain..more gain!!! Listen to what the Bonesmart philosophy is telling you! Yes, forget about the numbers.....the ROM will come..not...
  9. Dizzy

    TKR TKR and patella replacement

    Can I say that it was worth it to have both TKRs? I try to rationalize that, even though I still have knee pain standing and sitting, it's not constant pain as before and I can mostly walk with no pain. I absolutely wish I never had to have them done but I did and trying to "keep on...
  10. Dizzy

    TKR How long till I feel better and normal after TKR?

    7 months post op and I'm still looking for some normalcy!!! :hairpulling: :heehee:
  11. Dizzy

    Revision TKR Mamie's Recovery Thread

    Please keep posting, Mamie. Anxious to hear of your progess...
  12. Dizzy

    Revision TKR Mamie's Recovery Thread

    Good luck, Mamie!! Sorry to read of your plight but just know that prayers and positive energy are coming your way!! :prayer:
  13. Dizzy

    TKR Vice around knee one year post op

    For me, the constant "burning pain" went away around week 10 post-op. However, 5 1/2 months post-op, I'm having the burning pain on both knees now when standing or sitting down. I'm elevating and icing but not noticing any improvement. I'm trying to be patient as I know this is a long...
  14. Dizzy

    TKR I'm back!!!!

    No...never did any formal PT...just ADL. Yes, trying to have patience. Luckily, I'm retired so I don't have to push myself. Just very frustrating and aggravating. Thanks for your response.
  15. Dizzy

    TKR I'm back!!!!

    I am now 5 months post-op. Still less than halfway through this recovery time frame. I am still experiencing a lot of burning pain when standing from a sitting position and walking. Once I'm sitting and elevating, things quiet down. And it's both my knees now (TKR on right knee 7/2017). I'm...
Back
Top Bottom