Dizzy
senior
- Joined
- Oct 28, 2017
- Messages
- 257
- Age
- 77
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Going for my 3 month post-op tomorrow. I can honestly say that, since about 10 days ago, I actually am feeling encouraged about this healing process. Up until then, I was in constant, throbbing burning pain and pretty frustrated. Even though I had a TKR in 2018, it seemed like this recuperating was more intense. I chose not to do out-patient PT and am very satisfied with my decision. Just doing ADL and a few heel slides daily. Not sure what my ROM is, and don't really care, but I can bend equally to my other knee and am satisfied with that. It was at 98 at 6 week check with my in-house PT. Never ran a marathon and don't need to do one now!
I believe that two of the "helpful" tips from this forum have contributed to my current relief. ....the TENS unit and plastic wrap..
Been using the TENS unit 3 times a day and I really think it helped turn things around. May be just a coincidence but, anyway, I am certainly experiencing a change. And the plastic wrap alleviated the problem of the skin sensitivity with the bed covers at night...
. Sleeping less painfully for sure, although a little noisier when walking to the bathroom during the night..
!!!!
So, while I know this is a year long plus healing process, I am finally feeling some much needed encouragement on this journey. I hope to continue in this direction because, as you know in this recovery, it can be two steps forward ...one step back!!!!
But for now.....
.
I believe that two of the "helpful" tips from this forum have contributed to my current relief. ....the TENS unit and plastic wrap..
Been using the TENS unit 3 times a day and I really think it helped turn things around. May be just a coincidence but, anyway, I am certainly experiencing a change. And the plastic wrap alleviated the problem of the skin sensitivity with the bed covers at night...
. Sleeping less painfully for sure, although a little noisier when walking to the bathroom during the night..
!!!!So, while I know this is a year long plus healing process, I am finally feeling some much needed encouragement on this journey. I hope to continue in this direction because, as you know in this recovery, it can be two steps forward ...one step back!!!!
But for now.....
.




. So, I then realized, I actually have COVID, of all things, to thank for my surgery!!
. If it hadn't been for the fact that we were all prohibited from going anywhere or doing anything, I probably would still be pondering when to have the surgery done!! So, I'm glad it's done, thank you COVID, now "GET THE
OUTTA HERE!!!!!