Recent content by Divipops

  1. D

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Busted hip

    Should say it was 2020
  2. D

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Busted hip

    Hi Woodbutcher hope you are well, I have just noticed that you had the same injury as myself in breaking the neck of the femur. I tripped on the kerb and fell full force onto my knee which then push the femur up and snapped at the neck joint. My surgery was September 2000 when the covid pandemic...
  3. D

    THR Hip gone wrong

    Hi Tempest so to hear you are still having problems. I know how you feel, I have nerve damage also pain in thigh muscle after having a dynamic hip screw repair for fermol neck fracture following a nasty fall in 2020. Had physio which has not helped and basically it is a case of nothing we can do...
  4. D

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning 2 hole Dynamic hip screw repair

    Hi Brassic I also had a femural neck fracture in September 2020 due to a nasty fall and had a dynamic hip screw repair. You sound as if you are doing amazing in your recovery well done. Unfortunately I am still struggling with my recovery, they have said I have nerve damage. I am a lot older...
  5. D

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    Hi Danelady, sorry to hear you are still having problems, you have been through the mill. I am three years down the line and still having problems after surgery on my hip. Knee keeps collapsing and still in pain with thigh muscle and leg feeling weak. I was referred back to physio in April to...
  6. D

    THR Hippie Chick’s Recovery Journey

    Thank you Esmeralda, can't believe how easy it happened, just tripped on my way to pick my grandson up from school. Crash bang wollop then having to wait two and a half hours for an ambulance with just the fence holding me up :dancy:. Hopefully physio should help when I get an appointment, there...
  7. D

    THR Hippie Chick’s Recovery Journey

    Hi all interesting to hear about knee problems after hip surgery, my situation is a bit different to you as I had hip pinning after a fall. It is now three years yikes and still having problems with my knee just collapsing. I am now walking unaided but still limping and achey most of the time. I...
  8. D

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw Right side hip.

    Hi I'vegotthis good to hear from you, hope your keeping well, haven't been on forum myself much. Still plodding think I have just come to accept the discomfort now, they are certain now it is nerve damage as I have also been experiencing a feeling of having pins and needles sensation under my...
  9. D

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Hi JenaS62. I am having exactly the same problems as yourself with the knee buckling under me, they have now told me that they think femoral nerve damage is causing the problem. I am 2 half years since surgery with Dynamic Hip Screw. I am finally walking cautiously unaided but with a terrible...
  10. D

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw Right side hip.

    Hi all hope everyone recovering well, still struggling here two and a half years later yikes :oyvey:still having problems with knee collapsing and pain in thigh muscle. Doctor has referred me back to physio but says he thinks it is nerve damage and if so there is not a lot that can be done...
  11. D

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw Recovery

    Hi MorganLanfaes lovely to hear from you and know we are not alone, nice to chat with people who have experienced the journey we are on. The doctor had said about the induction program for the gym as part of the physio, but to be honest I am quite happy just going to the aqua fit and a swim...
  12. D

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw Right side hip.

    Hi danelady lovely to hear from you, I am feel as if I am going to end up with a hump on my back now watching the floor when I am walking outside :heehee: for the fear of falling again. I will not be moving out of the way of nobody in future, lesson learnt. How on earth I hung on to that fence...
  13. D

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw Recovery

    Hi MorganLlanfaes welcome, I didn't have physio for 11 months after accident because of the pandemic and to be honest I didn't feel as if I had progressed having it, maybe after waiting for so long. I am 2yrs 6 months post up and still struggling unfortunately and was still using stick to walk...
  14. D

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw Right side hip.

    Hi I'vegotthis lovely to hear from you, and seeing some improvement. I feel as if doctors are fobbing me off and saying well that is the way things are so get on with it. It is lovely to hear about others recovering well and gives me hope that someday I hopefully will get to that point, maybe...
  15. D

    THR Got back on the horse

    I always try to stay positive, thing is I can't change what has happened so chin up and be thankful at least I can walk (like a penguin as my grandson says ha ha). I had breast cancer and had to have a mastectomy couple of years ago and the doctor said the osteoporosis that I have been diagnosed...
Back
Top Bottom