Recent content by Disney Mom

  1. D

    TKR June TKR newbie

    Yes...i have an appointment next week actually. When I called about the bottock/hip.pain they gave me prednisone...which didn't help. I had to.contact him a couple more times about it and then he sent me to a pain management place. He immediately gave me the epidural type shots in my lower back...
  2. D

    TKR June TKR newbie

    Glad you are doing better! My PT said that I didn't need to continue doing the exercises and that things would improve just by daily life. I haven't been doing them at all but stretch some and do little things. I am just frustrated with constant pain. Sometimes I can sit and not be too...
  3. D

    TKR June TKR newbie

    Thank...I appreciate it. Mine was June 22nd so around the same time. 125 pushing sounds painful...how far were you able to do it on your own?
  4. D

    TKR June TKR newbie

    Thanks for the encouragement. I just don't know if this is normal. If it is...I guess I would feel better about it knowing it will get better.
  5. D

    TKR June TKR newbie

    I am almost 3 months out from my surgery. I am still having hip and buttock pain but what really confuses me it the fact that my entire leg aches like ive pulled muscles. Like every step I take I feel from the hip down. Do other people have this and is it normal? I keep thinking that I expected...
  6. D

    TKR Back to needing fellow Bonesmarties input.

    Murphy2013...don't be embarrassed by being intimidated by your pt....i think most of us are like that because they are the professional and we are just the patient right? Most of us feel like that including myself. Glad you are doing so much better. Sounds like walking with a cane and not having...
  7. D

    TKR Back to needing fellow Bonesmarties input.

    Murphy2013...I didn't know you were having a mua. Was your bending not very good? Hope things get better for you. I have been wondering how you are. Maybe with having that done things will improve. I finished pt last week. Been doing ok. Knee still sore of course as well as leg. I find it...
  8. D

    TKR Stairs and pain

    One thing I have to remind myself to do is to use my knee and not my hip! I used my hip a lot before because the knee was so bad. That isn't correct obviously so trying to do it the right way is a struggle.
  9. D

    TKR How long to do Physical Therapy

    Toyon...weird...same thing happened to me about 2 weeks ago. My surgery was june 22 and my "good" knee started hurting right in the front of it.i have no explanation for it either. When I see my surgeon in a few weeks will mention it to him and see if he wants to x Ray it. I would recommend the...
  10. D

    TKR SpaceGirls Road to Recovery Knee #2

    SpaceGirl thanks for the info. I bought one on Amazon today and am anxious to get it in a few days. I plan on using it on many aches and pains. It really helped my knee sore spot and the warmth even went away. Why we waited until my last day of pt to try that is too bad but glad we did because...
  11. D

    TKR The other TKR, on August 25th

    Bengalady...the pain gets better very slowly. I think at about 5 or 6 weeks I could tell a noticeable difference. Looking back though you can see the small progress....you just can't see it while going through it. I also felt the pain medicine didn't help much but just kept taking it. I was...
  12. D

    TKR Stairs and pain

    I was also just released from pt and had trk on June 22 so very close to yours. I also have pain with stairs and have been working on it for a few weeks. The past few days for me have gotten better. I think taking it slow and if you have pain stop for now and try again in a day or 2. One day it...
  13. D

    Bilateral TKR Oregon Mom's recovery journey

    Oregon mom...thanks for the info. I also ordered one of that brand from Amazon today. There was a coupon attached so got a good rate. I am anxious to try it. My last day of pt she used one on a very sore spot on my knee. I could not believe how much it helped! Why did we wait until my last pt...
  14. D

    TKR SpaceGirls Road to Recovery Knee #2

    SpaceGirl...i thought I read somewhere that you use a tens machine. Can you recommend one? I'm thinking about getting one. Thanks!
  15. D

    Bilateral TKR Oregon Mom's recovery journey

    Where did you get the tens machine? I saw some on Amazon for about $40 and didn't know if that would be a good one. Also hoping it is easy to use. Pt used one on a very sore spot on my outer knee and tonight it is feeling better. Today was my last pt session so thinking about the one on amazon.
Back
Top Bottom