Recent content by Diney

  1. Diney

    TKR Diney's got another new knee!

    Hello everyone I have just realised my second knee was one year old yesterday! So I thought I would post an update. A few days ago I walked five miles for the first time - through mud, over stiles and up and down some gentle hills. This is what I had been hoping to achieve right from the...
  2. Diney

    TKR Diney's got another new knee!

    Hello everyone I have just realised my second knee was one year old yesterday! So I thought I would post an update. A few days ago I walked five miles for the first time - through mud, over stiles and up and down some gentle hills. This is what I had been hoping to achieve right from the...
  3. Diney

    TKR Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage

    Hi Margaret That's a great report. Walking for two hours is very impressive! The continued extensor lag must be frustrating but your positive attitude is obviously not letting it stop you do anything - even running! Sorry to hear about the sinus infection but glad you are now over it. The...
  4. Diney

    TKR Diney's got another new knee!

    Just a quick post to say I returned home safely from my big trip a week ago and my knees are just fine. It really was a joy not just to walk everywhere but also to manage all the airport check in queues and security with all the standing and walking that entails. However a couple of days later...
  5. Diney

    TKR Diney's got another new knee!

    Margaret posted a photo of our meeting in Queensland. We had a wonderful day and I posted on her thread but just want to add this. While I have been on my world trip my knees have passed their 10th and 7th month anniversaries. After I left Queensland I went to Mount Cook, New Zealand's highest...
  6. Diney

    TKR Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage

    Hi Margaret I imagine you are mostly relieved about the ultrasound. I really hope the quad lag sorts itself out in the one year time frame. Yes, I have been on the trans alpine train to Greymouth - more stunning scenery! Today I went on a really moving tour round Christchurch - in the earthquake...
  7. Diney

    TKR Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage

    Hi Margaret I had just finished my post here when my wi fi ran out and it disappeared! Just to say I put a post on your Queenstown thread but will repeat here what a great time I had. And thanks again for being such a lovely host. I arrived in Christchurch tonight in lots of rain and am going...
  8. Diney

    TKR Greetings from Queenstown New Zealand

    Just to say it was wonderful to meet up and chat about everything. Not just knees! Margaret was an excellent host and took me all over the place. I thought Queenstown was lovely but best of all was meeting a fellow Bonesmartie! Thanks again Margaret!
  9. Diney

    TKR Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage

    Hi Margaret Have sent you a message re visit. Hope you find it! Let me know.
  10. Diney

    TKR Diney's got another new knee!

    Thanks everyone! Margaret I will let you know where I am staying when I have booked it!
  11. Diney

    TKR Diney's got another new knee!

    It's been a while but I had to post today as it's the 6th month anniversary of my left knee and almost 9 months for the right. Things are getting better all the time and my new knees went back to work on Wednesday! I took a small group on a walk in the east end of London finishing outside the...
  12. Diney

    TKR GrandyGirl's Recovery Story 1/14/12

    I think you are a great example on this forum Dori. You are consistently upbeat and always looking at the positive side of what this knee surgery gives us. You also seem to have lots of that elusive thing called patience! I still get frustrated with the progress of my second knee. I know I am...
  13. Diney

    TKR GrandyGirl's Recovery Story 1/14/12

    Hi Dori Nice RV! I hope you spend many happy hours at the beach and your bad knee settles down. I'm with you - live life to the full now.
  14. Diney

    TKR Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage

    Hi Margaret Your report sounds like it's all steady progress now especially when you take time to recover between big activities! Good news!
  15. Diney

    TKR GrandyGirl's Recovery Story 1/14/12

    Hi Dori I hope you've worked out that the site has been updated and has a new look! I hope you continue to do well!
Back
Top Bottom