Recent content by Didot

  1. D

    Bilateral TKR Double Manipulation scheduled - What to expect?

    I support what has been said above. I needed a MUA on both knees (done 8 months apart), which my surgeon claimed was unusual. Neither knee got anywhere near 90 degrees. He said I needed to wait for a full 12 weeks before he would consider it, as the adhesions (if that was the problem) were only...
  2. D

    MUA Renee's TKR, ROM challenging

    My surgeon said he will only consider a MUA around 12 weeks if bend is nowhere near 90. I’m a candidate, as I cannot get 90. He says that doing it any earlier does not allow for adhesions (if they are there) to be strong enough to break and it could achieve nothing. Only set you back in the...
  3. D

    TKR I feel like a ping pong ball!

    I’m wondering how you manage to bend it so well. My problem is the tightness, lack of “give” as well... so I cannot get it near 90 and I’m many weeks ahead of you down the recovery path.
  4. D

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    Hi@FitGal. I’ve read your post and identify in many ways - with swelling, pain and work similarities. One question. How is your bend in all of this? i Don’t care much about numbers, but know I’m not yet round 90, because I can see this. I find the stiffness and lack of mobility in the joint so...
  5. D

    Revision TKR Sondrals’ Revision

    I think your decision to do the second one is great. I still felt far from recovered with my first one when I did it again, and mentally I feel in control now as I know it’s all about moving on. You won’t regret it. Why wait?
  6. D

    Bilateral TKR Pain!!!

    My MUA changed the course of my recovery. I never looked back! Bending was the issue - it’s now possible to function normally. No idea what the number is. Don’t care. But it’s definitely over 90, which I could not get before.
  7. D

    Bilateral TKR Pain!!!

    All I can say, having had big problems with my first knee and a successful MUA at 12 weeks and now again ROM issues with my second, my surgeon said absolutely no point in doing MUA until necessary. Until for sure there are adhesions / scar tissue to break. I understand this logic. Seems way too...
  8. D

    TKR The long and winding road - round 2

    Can absolutely relate to your drama. Every time I try to do big things, something lands on the floor and it escalates from there. It neve4 seemed that hard before.
  9. D

    TKR Wendy EL's recovery thread

    I would be thrilled at 110... that’s what my first knee achieved after a MUA and it’s fine mostly l. My second knee, now 8 weeks in, is only around 60 and I’m looking at a MUA in 5 weeks if it’s as stuck as it still is.
  10. D

    MUA 3rd Year Anniversary

    Sounds like my ghastly staples are probably still the better option. My incision and bandaging was not an issue. I thought I missed out on this new glue procedure. Maybe not. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. D

    TKR Hello everyone

    Walking unaided after a week would have been a miracle for me... I needed a walker for weeks, unable to trust my new knee or find muscles to do it. Consider yourself lucky at this stage I reckon. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. D

    TKR Hello everyone

    Interested to hear how it goes.... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  13. D

    TKR Aug 20 hard work.

    You are not alone with crying.... I have never been this way and now find just a few minutes of sobbing - sometimes not really being able to explain what brings it on - is cathartic. I’m exhausted after each breakdown and feel better for it. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  14. D

    PKR Sideways movement after PKR

    @Jamie. Perfectly expressed. Unsure why we battle to “get” this when we’re at our worst. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. D

    Revision TKR Sondrals’ Revision

    It often feels like you’re never going to progress. I also battled and seemed behind so many others, wondering what I did wrong. Personally, I think you are currently in the middle of the worst part and should just get the other one done too, as you are so limited anyway. Thereafter you can work...
Back
Top Bottom