Recent content by Dianna_WA

  1. Dianna_WA

    Hinged Joint 8 month regression^

    Hi Tanya. I've just been reading through your thread and I am glad that you are now getting a good result with your ROM. I had bilateral knees done four months ago and all I did was elevate and ice for 7 solid weeks. Then I returned to work, even though my knees were still swelling up...
  2. Dianna_WA

    Bilateral TKR So very happy!!

    Hi @jude2014 Yes, you're the first person I've seen from WA on here. I live in Katanning and had my surgery at Hollywood. I did take some ice packs with me to work, but every time I would make myself comfy and get the ice packs out, something would happen and I would need to be on my feet...
  3. Dianna_WA

    Bilateral TKR So very happy!!

    It's been 12 weeks since my two new knees came into my life. Everything has been fairly smooth with the exception of a couple of issues. The first is that once I returned to work full time, I discovered my knees probably needed a lot more icing than what I had time to do. My job requires me...
  4. Dianna_WA

    Moving Forward On Two New (Conformis) Knees

    Good luck to you PoetryChef. I had BTKR just 10 weeks ago and it was mostly pain free and nothing like what other people had told me. I am now no longer taking any meds and I am back to work part time. My advice to you is have a really positive attitude and focus on a great outcome. I also...
  5. Dianna_WA

    Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

    I'm wishing you all the best. There are lots of people sending positive thoughts your way. I am sure, one day, not too far away, you will have healed and be back to your normal life again. Focus on the best outcome and strive towards it.
  6. Dianna_WA

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    Isn't it wonderful not to have bone on bone pain anymore. I had BTKR 8 weeks ago and I rejoice every day that I will never have that pain again. I look forward to the day when I never need any pain meds again. Prior to my op, I was taking so many different meds to soothe the agony. My...
  7. Dianna_WA

    TKR kbueno44 - Fractured Patella now.

    Sounds like you are having a great recovery. I never had any pain as well, just a bit of tenderness and tightness. I also believe a positive attitude towards your recovery helps you physically as well. Be sure to take it easy though, so that you don't overdo it. I had my BTKR 8 weeks ago and...
  8. Dianna_WA

    Bilateral TKR So very happy!!

    Hi all. Here is my 7 week update. I had my follow up with my surgeon a few days ago. I live 3.5 hours away from Perth so it was a bit of a slog to get to my appointment, however, it was good to be away for a couple of days, plus I was able to catch up with two of my children. My surgeon was...
  9. Dianna_WA

    Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

    Honestly, don't despair, it really does get better. Very soon you will notice small improvements - the pain you're feeling now is nothing compared to the joy that's coming! You will get through this. Unfortunately the pain medications do mess with your head.
  10. Dianna_WA

    Knee Infection Whew!! it's finally done: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

    Hi BionicBob. Sorry that you have been feeling so miserable. I wonder if the way you have been feeling is a response to the anesthetic that you had for your op. I have felt hot\cold, no appetite, teary, jittery, etc. up to 3 weeks after my own surgery. It could also be a combination of that...
  11. Dianna_WA

    Bilateral TKR So very happy!!

    Hi everyone - Here's an update on my progress. I'm just about 5 weeks in now and I think I can see that corner that people talk about. I am actually enjoying this recuperation now. I have found a few things to occupy me, and my sister in New Zealand sent me 5 seasons of 'Call The Midwife'...
  12. Dianna_WA

    TKR Pain on walking

    Hi, I had bilateral knee replacements on the same day as you. We all recover at our own pace, just listen to your body and treat yourself gently. I don't have any stairs in my home, but I have a huge staircase at my work and I am terrified of tackling them when I have to go back to work. I...
  13. Dianna_WA

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    My husband made this for me to use as a leg slider. My OS recommended a mini skateboard, however, the wheels on a skateboard can tilt and the board can go at angles if you're not careful. This board that my husband made (copied from someone elses board), the wheels can only go straight up and...
  14. Dianna_WA

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    Kayow11, Yes, lots of ice and elevation. Boring, boring!! I haven't pushed myself at all. I will go and see a physio later on to get an assessment, but not for a while yet.
  15. Dianna_WA

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    Hi Kayow11. My OS in Perth, Western Australia, is a well known doctor in orthopedics in this state, and he told me that all he wanted me to do after the surgery was a bit of walking around the house as necessary, and using a "slidy board thingy" just do some knee bends every day. After 4...
Back
Top Bottom