Recent content by DHenry

  1. DHenry

    TKR Into the third week post TKR. . . Successes and challenges

    Got to drive today! Felt very normal and was glad to get out and about. Went to REI and got some new sneakers on sale to celebrate the new knee. Even though I am going in on Tuesday for an MUA, I feel optimistic. This will be good.
  2. DHenry

    TKR Into the third week post TKR. . . Successes and challenges

    Hey Everyone, Wanted to update you on my recovery a little. Ok . . . I guess I knew this was coming. . . I have to have an MUA (Manipulation Under Anesthesia) on Tuesday the 13th. Man, I was really hoping to avoid this, but I am stuck - literally. My body has decided to form some very...
  3. DHenry

    TKR Into the third week post TKR. . . Successes and challenges

    I go in tomorrow morning for a PT session, then x-rays, and the 5 week visit with my surgeon. At my last PT session on Wednesday I maintained my 95 degree flexion and then, with some work, we eked out a few more degrees to 97. This seems like slow progress 5 weeks in, but I am happy that I am...
  4. DHenry

    TKR 37 years old TKR 7 weeks today

    Deedles8 and Cripwil- Hang in there!! Deedles - you said "DHenry I needed to read your thread! I'm 42 - three weeks post op and stuck at 85!!! I thought being younger and in better shape it'd be easier and BOY AM I WRONG! My extension is 0 but I can't seem to get It to bend! " I think maybe...
  5. DHenry

    TKR Into the third week post TKR. . . Successes and challenges

    Travlingirl04 (Joyce) - Nine days in - congratulations! Tomorrow is my fourth week and I can really see how, over each week, this gets better. There are some setbacks but mostly gains. Mostly gains. This is definitely a hard road to travel, but I can already start to see the other side at 4...
  6. DHenry

    TKR Into the third week post TKR. . . Successes and challenges

    I got to 92 degrees flexion! Finally! Woooooo hooooo! I made it to 85 on my own (before I could only get there after lots of massaging and manipulation by the PT) and then made it past the elusive 90 degree mark. Good! I meet with the surgeon again next Thursday, five weeks in, so I still have...
  7. DHenry

    TKR July 9 ready to recover

    My Knee Charlie, I am starting my 4th week post-op and I have managed to sleep on my side - op leg on the bottom, straight, pillow in between, and good leg bent on top. My back is soooooo relieved to get a bit of a break! This has helped my lower back a lot, gives me another option so I don't...
  8. DHenry

    TKR Into the third week post TKR. . . Successes and challenges

    Dulcimer Diva (Sandy) - The shooting pains feel like power surges! I imagine a star wars laser-like sound when they happen. They didn't come back last night and (knock on wood) I haven't had them today. . . I am only needing Oxycodon (5mg) an hour before PT or if something like these nervy...
  9. DHenry

    TKR Into the third week post TKR. . . Successes and challenges

    PJ ( Ready) - I am also an Elementary PE teacher! . . . and I am very concerned about going back - it will be about 8 -1/2 weeks post surgery. All of the kids know that I had this surgery this summer and they will be as careful as they can, but the new kindergarteners . . . well . . . . you...
  10. DHenry

    TKR Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies

    Glad to hear that you are healing! Hang in there!
  11. DHenry

    TKR Into the third week post TKR. . . Successes and challenges

    Today I am having some very different pain in my leg. It's a sharp, shooting pain on the outside of my leg - mid femur streaking pain to the head of the femur. Ilio-tibial band territory. This is really different than the pain I have been having. So far, my typical pain has been a more dull...
  12. DHenry

    TKR Into the third week post TKR. . . Successes and challenges

    Thanks, Diana. Good luck to you in your recovery as well . . . And your return to work soon!
  13. DHenry

    TKR Into the third week post TKR. . . Successes and challenges

    I wasn't shown how to use it properly, but did watch and read some things online. I just went and bought it at the drugstore today. My partner is going out of town tomorrow for a week and I wanted to have this for the next level - hopefully my next PT appointment. I am cheating a bit, but it...
  14. DHenry

    TKR 37 years old TKR 7 weeks today

    Hey Cripwell, I am three weeks in and, although I am older than you are - 46 - I am not sure being younger is an advantage in this recovery. My surgeon and PT kept telling me that because I was in fairly good shape prior to surgery that this would be a more speedy recovery than it is for most...
  15. DHenry

    TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

    Hi Diana - Just found your post. I am three weeks in and can totally relate to the crying jags - I've had a couple and they are fairly intense. I agree that not getting enough sleep seems to impact that quite a bit and I also discovered that I tend to feel more teary when I have been a bit more...
Back
Top Bottom