Recent content by determined21

  1. D

    Bilateral pro's & con's

    @Horseshoe I was exactly where you are at 1 years ago. Found A good surgeon and he told me I was a good candidate for bilateral as well but he would not do bilateral or recommended. Everything you write is a carbon copy of what my surgeon told me. Delayed my First surgery from April to July of...
  2. D

    THR Pushing 8 mos post RTHR-still have pain & Dr isn't listening-HELP'

    @peckden I used the same do it yourself PT program you did. I know part of that program was walking. I always tried to be very diligent to my daily walking and I know with your situation that is difficult. I always try to keep track of my daily walks by either time or GPS on my phone so I can...
  3. D

    THR Déjà Vu: Squirrellymom's Right THR & Her Left THR

    Here is a picture of me taggi ng along
  4. D

    THR Déjà Vu: Squirrellymom's Right THR & Her Left THR

    On my two-stage bilateral now I am 7 months and 3 months post op. I just graduated from walking 2 miles a day at the mall to hiking a mile and a half each day on our farm. Yesterday I took to my grandchildren ages 4 & 3 along for a mile and a half hIke I left them lead the way and I followed it...
  5. D

    THR Déjà Vu: Squirrellymom's Right THR & Her Left THR

    @Squirrellymom been there and done that. I had the same thought between my two surgeries wanted to get the operated leg strength build up before the next one was done. My arthritic hip was grinding bone on bone when I went out to do my walking to get my operated hip strengthened. My goal was to...
  6. D

    THR Déjà Vu: Squirrellymom's Right THR & Her Left THR

    How do you keep your mind ? Both my hips were bone on bone for awhile, the left was far more advanced then the right. When I had the left THR 7/14/2015 my surgeon told me he would recommend doing the 2nd THR surgery 2.5 to 3 months after the first and he also said if I chose to delay the...
  7. D

    Healer01 Needs Support & Advice

    I knew I needed them both replaced and I wanted bilateral surgery, unfortunately we could not find a surgeon with in my insurance network that would do a bilateral. I was very upset with it but I got over it. The two-stage bilateral procedure is much more common around here. Good friend of mine...
  8. D

    THR Déjà Vu: Squirrellymom's Right THR & Her Left THR

    When I went in for my 6 week checkup after the first surgery I just did not have the courage to schedule the second surgery even though the OS said I needed it and it was in favor of my insurance deductible, but I kept thinking about it and it did not take long until I made the decision to have...
  9. D

    Trouble with previously "good hip" after THR

    Same thing happened to me Been there done that I had the left side done mid July and I knew at some point I'd have to have the other side done wasn't exactly sure when they were both bone on bone but the right wasn't quite as bad as the left. Two and a half months after the first surgery the...
  10. D

    THR Two down, none to go!

    Same here . I went through a bit of depression earlier in the year when I found out I could not get them both done at the same time. They did LTHR in July and RTHR in December. I am at 6 months and 6 weeks post op. 3 weeks ago I had second thoughts I begin to wonder if I did the right thing...
  11. D

    THR France is Hip

    @petitpois I had surgery Dec.1 So I was just a bit a head of you . Nice to hear your recovery is going well at 4 weeks .
  12. D

    THR France is Hip

    @Rusty67 it is interesting to see in France that they would do the second replacement 3 weeks later. Both my surgeries were anterior on Hana table . The OS recommended that I wait at least two and a half months before the second surgery. I wanted to do my second one 6 weeks but they recommended...
  13. D

    THR Week Three After LTHR!

    I'm one week ahead he had mine done December 1st .Stick with it I'll bet you'll do great next . Is 35 days post surgery and just the last couple days things really started to turn the corner I am able to do my stretching exercises 3 times a day I walk a mile and a half every morning at the mall...
  14. D

    THR Week Three After LTHR!

    I had RTHR done about the same time you did and had LTHR 4 months prior to that. I am Not sure if this is similar to your pain but I can say with both surgeries at the four-week mark I did get a strong pain in thigh area which radiated headed down to my knee briefly at times while I was...
  15. D

    THR Early Christmas Present - New Right Hip

    NigelTufnel, very nice account of your surgery I enjoyed reading it.
Back
Top Bottom