Healer01 Needs Support & Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked to our Employee Health representative today.He is an orthopedic nurse and just flat out said they he doubts they will do a double hip.He is talking to me about doing one after the other.I just wonder if I can go another year without getting another surgery as we only get 12 weeks of FMLA a year.Im very anxious about this as I don't want to loose my position at work.Im very stressed about this.The right hip does not feel as bad as the right.Im hoping I will be ok.They said to expect to take 12 weeks off after 1 hip


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
He is an orthopedic nurse and just flat out said they he doubts they will do a double hip.
Only your surgeon can make this call! Please don't stress about this until you have a chance to speak to the person doing the procedure.
 
@Healer01 I hope you are doing well. We haven't seen you in a while, any updates?

You asked about my situation....

I am looking at needing both hips replaced. My right is the worst, but the left isn't far behind. I put off talking to my doctor about my hip pain far too long. Should have addressed it over 2 years ago. I share your concern about waiting on hip #2--my surgeon won't do both at the same time. some surgeons will though. You never know til you ask.

I have always avoided medications as much as possible, but have had to back off that stance this year. I am trying to push my hip replacement to Late April and have more bad days than good when it comes to pain.
 
I made an appt with a surgeon that does hips tomorrow.Im nervous.Will talk to him about anterior hip and bilateral replacement.Will see what he says


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I made an appt with a surgeon that does hips tomorrow.Im nervous.Will talk to him about anterior hip and bilateral replacement.Will see what he says


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
I knew I needed them both replaced and I wanted bilateral surgery, unfortunately we could not find a surgeon with in my insurance network that would do a bilateral. I was very upset with it but I got over it. The two-stage bilateral procedure is much more common around here. Good friend of mine who is only 50 years old in excellent condition he was running 5 K's up till one year ago said he finally gave up on having a both done at the same time he's having his left hip replaced in 2 months and then his right hip replaced two months later. It seems like in other areas of the country having both hips replaced in the same surgery are so common . Oh well for me it doesn't matter at this point I've had them both done this past year.
 
I'm glad to hear you had both done within 1 year as I am so tired of this and truly want it done


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi all.i have been reading a bunch of post this pm and just feel better, not so aloneAmazing how common this really is.I just finished taking a very big test that I studied for for months.Wont find out if I passed it until June .Its been getting harder and more painful it seems daily.I started out with end stage osteoarthritis last June and at this point I'm just really tired .It was so hard working full time and studying.At least if I fail I will still have time to retake it and 1 hip will be done.May 18 is the day,


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom