Recent content by DEL2021May-19

  1. D

    TKR Not Again

    I had a little fan on my nightstand, heating pad for back and thighs and ice machine...body was all over the map lol.
  2. D

    TKR LTKR April 1 - bending knee hurts

    BBCG, not sure what kind of ice machine you have but I left my machine in place and would just carry my frozen water bottles back and forth to the ice machine and swap out. I bought a bag for my walker and would carry them into where the machine was. I had 12 water bottles. 4 in the machine...
  3. D

    TKR How long until you said "I'm glad I had the TKR"'

    Did you have ROM of 110 to 115 before surgery? I had watched a YouTube by a PT that explained in a way that really stuck with me...someone starting yoga may not be able to do the poses but with continued stretching they will gradually improve their flexibility. I have read lots of stories here...
  4. D

    TKR Foot not straight

    I noticed the same thing. Don't remember paying any attention prior to surgery. My PT said it was a choice to put foot straight so I consciously remind myself. Retrain myself. I try to keep it straight when sitting and standing.
  5. D

    TKR A New Day

    I can relate...I think for me it was the intravenous and meds. Also sleeping with legs raised probably pushed everything into my bladder lol. I posted before that I ended up wearing a woman's diaper / pad at night to give me time to get to the washroom without too many accidents. Finally...
  6. D

    Bilateral TKR Jeaniesknees. Bilateral

    Have you been affected by salt before?
  7. D

    TKR Ready to go?

    The first time the nurse got me up to go to the washroom I was nervous to put my weight on leg (had a general, not a spinal). Leg was fine and no problem. It is my strong knee now. Just slow and easy.
  8. D

    TKR Right TKR Recovery

    Have been going (regoing) to PT and it is so refreshing to have one-on-one attention and guidance. After surgery I had done 12 weeks of group sessions which did not look after the whole ME. I do have coverage for private care which for me is the way to go and will do for next knee. Treats...
  9. D

    TKR Rodney's TKR recovery

    When I was icing, I would put a heating pad on my lower back and snuggle into a blanket. The heat soothed me and took my mind off the leg and any restlessness.
  10. D

    TKR 3 years post op

    Oh, that is too bad. I hope it resolves soon. My issue is getting a better bend and still uncomfortable doing stairs. Keep doing them but sore.
  11. D

    TKR Fell on operated knee

    I was paranoid of the giving away motion of my knee. I only had it a few times at the beginning of recovery and of course analyzed too much. It resolved and my knee is solid. Stronger then my other knee that still needs to be done. Just use your walking device and hold onto furnature for...
  12. D

    TKR A New Day

    Wearing an incontenence diaper/pad gave me peace of mind for those middle of the night treks to the washroom. Sometimes my slow moving voyage resulted in accidents so having something on helped me concentrate on the journey without being nervous. LOL
  13. D

    TKR LTKR April 1 - bending knee hurts

    I used a leg lifter for quite awhile to get in and out of bed and any major shifting around. Leg was like a log. Muscles and brain will work together soon. Take it easy.
  14. D

    TKR TKR Recovery Journey

    I just responded in another post about 701 tape. If you put something on to soothe your lower back (many medicated plasters, salve options) it might help your legs. Hope it helps. I get my 701 medicated plaster from Chinese Herb stores (online) and they do have it on Amazon. It comes in a big...
  15. D

    TKR the torment of constantly moving legs make me regret the whole thing

    I've had RLS before my TKR and it happens periodically. If I put 701 tape on my lower back it takes it away. 701 is a medicated plaster. There are other products on the market. I slap a piece on my back and have a great sleep. I swear by it! Perhaps give it a try by treating the lower back...
Back
Top Bottom