Recent content by debsnm

  1. debsnm

    Going in tomorrow and very anxious!!! Anyone else???

    Thanks B Hip and Delphi for your replies. Good to hear that you are doing so well B Hip! I am having an spinal and 'twilight'. As long as I'm not aware of what is happening, I will be fine. Delphi, best of luck to you too. It's a terrible thing..anxiety! I will most definitely look at ponymad's...
  2. debsnm

    Going in tomorrow and very anxious!!! Anyone else???

    Just popping by to say hi and see if anyone else is going into hospital this week. I feel sick and dizzy with nerves. Doing lots of breathing exercises, trying to distract myself with television....Can't wait to be on the other side of this! Eeeeck!
  3. debsnm

    Finding reviews for surgeons in UK'

    Thank you for your suggestion but I don't want to go to Sunderland. I'm am going with Mr Hamer.
  4. debsnm

    My 'good' leg

    Hi! I have the same thing going on! I already had my right knee replaced 5 years ago and am getting my TRH done next month..and yes! my left knee is now a mess too! So I totally get it. We are defo too young for all this business but just know that you're not alone!!!! :)
  5. debsnm

    2017 February Valentines - Are you having hip surgery in February?

    Hello!! I'm scheduled for 22 Feb!!
  6. debsnm

    Finding reviews for surgeons in UK'

    Hello, I asked my surgeon about doing an anterior hip replacement and he snorted at me saying that the procedure is "experimental" and that no one in Sheffield performs it. As I did not come supplied with NICE Guidelines or evidence myself, I had to except his comment and move on. Since then, I...
  7. debsnm

    Finding reviews for surgeons in UK'

    His name is Ian Stockley and the surgeon who has given me the run around is called, Mr Hamer. Ring any bells?
  8. debsnm

    Finding reviews for surgeons in UK'

    Hi Jacey! And thank you so much for you quick and informative message!!! I live in Sheffield and will be getting surgery at The Northern General Hospital...eventually. I have been trying to get my hip replaced for over 8 months now.....it has become more than frustrating! The surgeon who I was...
  9. debsnm

    Finding reviews for surgeons in UK'

    Hello! I live in the North of England and am not happy with the surgeon who I have been referred to. Does anyone know if I can 'shop around' for a surgeon (Can I go to another city?) and if there are any websites that give you patient reviews? I have been online for the past two hours searching...
  10. debsnm

    TKR Hoping for a new me after this new knee...at 37!

    Hi Stacey, I too had a TKR on Dec 17th 2012......Haven't had a PT session yet so I cannot comment on any of that, but I do have that tight rubber band feeling happening. The swelling has finally gone down which is a huge relief but instead I am now having nerve pain. Feels like hot searing...
  11. debsnm

    TKR I'm home!!!

    Hey Patricia, You say that you saw the physio 4 X in 11 wks? When was you first appt? I have not been scheduled for any appts with physio. I've been discharged from the hospital with a few Ibruprofen, paracetamol and asprin and told to see the surgeon again at the end of Jan. THE END. I am...
  12. debsnm

    TKR I'm home!!!

    Thanks Patricia, When was your first day out?
  13. debsnm

    TKR I'm home!!!

    Hi Patricia, Thanks for your support. No, I do not have any dates regarding a physio. Guess that's part of the budget cuts. They basically showed me 3 exercises to do and told me to do them like 5xan hour which simply isn't realistic at this point. I am doing the heel slides and rotating my...
  14. debsnm

    TKR I'm home!!!

    Hi, Made it through Christmas and now I am getting cabin fever! I have no idea when I can go outside or what to do next! On Monday I go to get my bandage changed. I assume they remove the staples <?> I will have the opportunity to ask the nurse. Hopefully, she'll have some sort of clue. There...
  15. debsnm

    TKR I'm home!!!

    Hi Everyone, Well, I'm home and everything seems to be going well. I spent 4 nights in the hospital and came home on Friday afternoon. I know that everyone is different, but, I seemed to be the only person who was having any post op pain on the ward! The 2 other women were only taking Ibruprofen...
Back
Top Bottom