Recent content by deb

  1. D

    5 months out questions..

    Thank you all !! will not worry and will trying icing and more rest ( always love a nap ) !!! lol :zzz:
  2. D

    5 months out questions..

    Hi, it has been a while since I have been on. Had my first LTKR on Sept 3 and RTKR on Dec 3rd. the Left was a breeze, did great was back to my office in 3 weeks. the right not so much was not back into the office after 5 weeks, still having trouble sleeping, just can not seem to...
  3. D

    "Cutting Block" Procedure ?? 12-3-09 RTKN

    Jo, thanks you for the info I certainly will read over all of it tonight. My OS gave me info to read over also.. I totally trust my OS which is half of the battle, and know that he has done all of his homework.. He suggested that I read up on the procedure if I have questions to...
  4. D

    "Cutting Block" Procedure ?? 12-3-09 RTKN

    Right knee scheduled for 12-3-09 !!:shk: anyone heard of this ?? Marketed by Otis Med and others, the customization of single use, disposable, cutting blocks, is based on measurements determined with a MRI preoperative. The resultant, customized, cutting block can actually diminish the time...
  5. D

    Surgery is tomorrow...

    Best of luck, keep us all posted how you are getting along after you get home. we are all here to support and help keep that chin up even on a bad day .. But everyday will get better . you will be so happy with your improvement by next summer for those precious grandchildren... God...
  6. D

    Anyone sleep in a waterbed ?

    I attempted to sleep in the waterbed. slept in it for about 5 hours, had trouble rolling over or moving. (and I am a tosser and turner.) no problem getting in and out of the bed. I curled up in the waterbed alone a little while ago for a short nap and it was soooo nice... ( just me and the...
  7. D

    Is this crazy?

    I understand exactly.. I was told in February that I needed both knees replaced .. I was freaked .. My job was very busy in the spring, our daughter was gettign married the end of May and I put off the 1st surgery until Sept., scheduling the 2nd one this week with the OS.. Do what works...
  8. D

    Anyone sleep in a waterbed ?

    Thanks Dawnie, I will do that tonight for sure.. Although he has gotten use to sleeping in the middle. lol will have to break that bad habit for sure ! will let you all know how it works tonight .... deb
  9. D

    Anyone sleep in a waterbed ?

    Thank you all.... will try and see what happens !!! thanks again deb
  10. D

    Anyone sleep in a waterbed ?

    I have been sleeping in the spare bedroom for the past 7 weeks since TKR. :zzz: DH and I have a kingsize waterbed. How long should I wait before I sleep in the waterbed? what are the downfalls ? What problems or concerns and suggestions before I attempt to start sleeping in the waterbed...
  11. D

    Terri is in Surgery

    Wishing Terri the best ! thoughts and prayers with both of you ... deb
  12. D

    Is it possible?

    Pain was very tolerated really well.. DR. sent me home with oxycodine 5 mg. but within 2 weeks I was basically off the pain kilers except at night to help sleep.. Good luck with your surgery will be thinking about you today talk with you in the next few weeks as you recover !!! deb
  13. D

    Is it possible?

    I had total knee replacement, no drains, I did have to change the bandage daily , check for excess drainage. Did not do BP checks, or urine output. I was up walking with 2 hours after surgery with the PT and again the next am before I left to go home. Began exercises immediately. GA was...
  14. D

    Is it possible?

    Good Morning, I am back to a normal life pretty quickly, OS and PT says I am amazing ... has been 7 weeks today, my ROM is 130. I am pretty much back to regular life. Very little pain any more, I still however get tired after working all day ... My job allows me to have the benefit of...
  15. D

    Is it possible?

    I actually had outpatient, TKR on Sept 3rd was in the outpatient clinic less then 23 hours.. PT was up to see me 2-3 hours after surgery and again the next morning.. My DR. will do the TKR on patients that are basically healthy. ( I am 54 and no other major health problems ). I have an appt with...
Back
Top Bottom