Recent content by Daooneill

  1. Daooneill

    THR Break on through to the other side

    Yep Bruising has subsided.. Still have some quad and knee pain.. Struggle to do knee extension exercise.. Hope that's normal..
  2. Daooneill

    THR Break on through to the other side

    DAY 16 Post Op :-)
  3. Daooneill

    THR Break on through to the other side

    Josephine thank you for your post, it's extremely helpful.. I had read it a few times pre-op off someone else's trend and it covers all the bases. I'm one week post op today. Just suffering a little with thigh pain. Upper leg is black and blue to the knee. Looking forward to seeing the wound...
  4. Daooneill

    THR Break on through to the other side

    Got discharged today... Trip back in the car went well.. Feeling comfortable and relatively pain free... Still struggling to get a good nights sleep on me back but small complaint all things considering...
  5. Daooneill

    THR Yippy Hippy

    Fair play to Johnny, wouldn't have stayed awake for any money.. Sorry to hear of the few complications, sounds like a rough ride.. Your past it now so onwards and upwards.. Day 3&4 will be a walk in the park after all that...
  6. Daooneill

    2014 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

    Kerri not sure of your age but for me so far this has been very straight forward. Came home from hospital today (op was Monday) taking it very easy and following doctors/nurses instructions to the letter. You really have nothing to worry about I can promise you.
  7. Daooneill

    THR Break on through to the other side

    Thanks C&B... Going to read your trend later.. Have been searching for a younger example from this side of the Atlantic to follow.. Also eager to get back to sport so I might touch on the same problems.. I'll stay in touch.. Thanks again
  8. Daooneill

    THR Break on through to the other side

    Day 3 :-) What a difference a good nights sleep makes (gave into the sleeping tablet) I Feel 100 times better today.. the nurse just took off my compression socks off for my shower, what a relief, Orgasmic..!!
  9. Daooneill

    THR Break on through to the other side

    Day 2 Who would have thought sleeping on your back would be so difficult. I longed to curl up in a ball.. In total maybe 3 hours sleep.. As the back blocker meds wore off I got irritable in the bed and spent a lot of the night uncomfortable. Anyways after breakfast this morning me and the...
  10. Daooneill

    THR Break on through to the other side

    Thanks dkirk Enjoyed your trend... Recovery sounds like roller-coaster... Good days & bad days..??
  11. Daooneill

    THR Break on through to the other side

    I'm 35yrs and Had the Op first thing this morning.. Was awake about lunchtime.. Was understandably groggy for the afternoon but wide awake now.. Just finished dinner and looking forward to the Arsenal game at 8pm. I am very comfortable and pain free. Doing my ankle pumps as we speak.. Physio...
  12. Daooneill

    2014 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

    Hello Poppet... Thank you for your well wishes... Had the Op first thing this morning.. Came to about lunchtime.. Was understandably groggy for the afternoon but wide awake now.. Just finished dinner and looking forward to the Arsenal game at 8pm. I am very comfortable and pain free. Doing my...
  13. Daooneill

    2014 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

    Thanks folks for your well wishes... 8 hours to go and counting...
Back
Top Bottom