Recent content by Dani

  1. Dani

    THR New to post - Hip replacement 5/7

    Saw surgeon. He said the strange bump and pain is coming from hematomas on my bottom and hip. He said it could be pressing up against soft tissue and that is why I am having pain. He said it will take time to heal. Went to my first outside physical therapist. It was nice. Doing some stretches...
  2. Dani

    THR New to post - Hip replacement 5/7

    Hi Josephine. I am going to try and make a doctor appointment with my regular MD I cannot deal with this pain any longer. There is something wrong. Thanks re PT. I have stopped all PT until I get better. Heat or ice isn't helping much. Ice can help numb it for a little while, then it...
  3. Dani

    THR New to post - Hip replacement 5/7

    Hematoma. Well, had my new therapist today. I had her look at the area where it is painful. She is pretty sure it is a hematoma. She said I could use heat and work through that area. She said in a matter of time my body will release it. Nice to know. She said about 1/3 of her patients get...
  4. Dani

    THR New to post - Hip replacement 5/7

    Yes, pretty much location of knot or something there. 1. what approach did you have for your surgery? Anterior, posterior, lateral? You can look here to see the various types THR approaches or incisions (Posterior) 2. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain...
  5. Dani

    THR New to post - Hip replacement 5/7

    ICE! Ok, so since I have been out of the hospital on Mothers day, I have been using ice constantly. About a little over an hour ago, I read a post where someone said they use up so much ice. I thought to myself, I am using ice packs that are called ACE reusable cold compress. I decided to...
  6. Dani

    THR New to post - Hip replacement 5/7

    Thanks Jamie. I guess I was hoping for a quicker recovery. I've been walking around the house on one crutch, doing dishes walking a couple stairs to do laundry. I have a hard time staying put. It's hard to sit for too long or stand for too long. As far as elevating, I sit on my recliner and...
  7. Dani

    THR Butt pain and pain meds questions

    Hi cbstick. I hear you. It will take time. Each one of us is different and some take longer. The first week I couldn't lift my leg at all to get into bed. The therapist had me practice lifting my heel up a little while sitting in the recliner. After a few hard tries, I did it. You should...
  8. Dani

    THR New to post - Hip replacement 5/7

    Thanks Fearbox. I'm trying. But like you it is very painful. I was in less pain before surgery -- unless I moved a certain way then it felt like my ball came out of the socket. I had avascular necrosis. Apparently blood wasn't reaching the bone and it collapsed. I had some lower buttock...
  9. Dani

    THR New to post - Hip replacement 5/7

    sorry. So it's mainly R5B B and R5B C. I sit on a recliner. Do you think I am not sitting properly and it is causing pain in this region? I don't know how else to sit. I could lie down on the couch, but sitting I can do other things. Josephine love that diagram.
  10. Dani

    THR New to post - Hip replacement 5/7

    R58B. Sometimes it moves a little lower or more to the right.
  11. Dani

    THR Two down, none to go!

    Wow DebraR. It seems like you experienced the same good bedside manners as I did. I had mine at Stanford and my doctor would have his minions come in and talk to me. My doctor came in a couple times saying he can't believe with all the medication I am taking why I would have so much pain. I...
  12. Dani

    THR New to post - Hip replacement 5/7

    Jaycey, if I don't start a new post then how will people know I have a new topic? I haven't heard anthing re the buttock pain.
  13. Dani

    THR New to post - Hip replacement 5/7

    Thanks Jaycey. Still not sure on how this works. Not such a great day for me. Still can't get rid of this buttock pain. I posted a new post. Hope I did it right.
  14. Dani

    THR New to post - Hip replacement 5/7

    After waking up from surgery on 5/7/15, I started immediately feeling pain in the buttock area. Didn't feel much around hip region. Well, two weeks later, it is still there. I feel if I didn't have this horrible huge lump in the buttock area, I would be doing great. Has anyone else...
Back
Top Bottom