Recent content by Daffy dill

  1. Daffy dill

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    Thanks. I don't know how to post update. I go in 7:15am on Monday, after doing shower with Hibiclens the night before and morning when I get up. I am scared but strangely calm now.
  2. Daffy dill

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    I am getting close...surgery on Monday! I am trying to keep busy and not dwell on it!
  3. Daffy dill

    THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

    @shrinkette Thank you so much for your reply, it is quite helpful. I have a bedside potty chair, a picker, and I got a leg lifter. I have a walker too. I have cold packs for icing. I have been using a cane for years because of my back, so I am used to that. I am going to leave it up to my...
  4. Daffy dill

    THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

    @shrinkette Sorry about my confusing note. PATs are pre-admission testing. I think my apprehension is catching up with me. My husband is 80 and in pretty good shape. I have steps to get into the house. Bathrooms not a problem. I think I should wait and see how I do and then go where is best...
  5. Daffy dill

    THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

    @shrinkette I have been thinking about you and have some concerns I thought you might have insight on. I did my PATs last Tues and don't know the results yet. I saw my doctor on Thurs for surgery clearance but he didn't have results of PATs. He decided I should do a nuclear stress test. I...
  6. Daffy dill

    Surgery and Diabetes

    @Jamie Thanks again. I will keep your advice in mind. I appreciate it.
  7. Daffy dill

    Surgery and Diabetes

    @Jamie Thank you for your response. I was already convinced by all the participants and plan to ice and elevate. I was just surprised at the absence in what I heard today.
  8. Daffy dill

    Surgery and Diabetes

    @Josephine I went for my pre-admission testing today and an instruction class also. Overall I was pleased by what I heard. I was given a binder with info just for THR. I learned why my surgeon said not to donate blood ahead of time. He uses something called tranexamic acid which lessens the...
  9. Daffy dill

    Surgery and Diabetes

    @I'm so ready Thank you very much for your encouraging words. It is helpful for me.
  10. Daffy dill

    Surgery and Diabetes

    @VancouverUSAgal Thank you for you reply. I will take you up on questions in a day or so. We are celebrating my husband's 80th birthday tomorrow.
  11. Daffy dill

    Surgery and Diabetes

    WOW! More power to you! I will read what I can. Thanks again!
  12. Daffy dill

    Surgery and Diabetes

    @RestAssured Thank you so much for your encouraging reply. I will read your journey.
  13. Daffy dill

    wannabe over pain

    @Jaycey. Thank you for the advice. All of this help is just wonderful. I'm so glad I found BS.
  14. Daffy dill

    wannabe over pain

    @shrinkette @MajorHeidi Thanks for the advice. I have a walker, picker, shoe horn from when my mother lived with me. I will get bedside commode. I have had for years the new "comfort" height toilet but not upstairs in my bedroom. I have a chair lift for the stairs. I took care of my mother...
  15. Daffy dill

    wannabe over pain

    @shrinkette I am having surgery at Riverview Medical Center. I wondered about PT before surgery. I asked my surgeon about blood donations also but he said no. Do you think I should postpone surgery and try to get stronger?
Back
Top Bottom