Recent content by DAB

  1. D

    warning to all

    It has been a while since i have been back on this form, but First off I really want to say thanks for all the support you folks gave me along the way. You guys it's going to get better. I wanted to warn you all about a hazard you should be aware of. BE really carefull!!!!!!! Don't get...
  2. D

    Knee replacement foreign body

    Re: ~~~Knee replacement foreign body~~~ i can totally relate to your knee feeling like a foreign body. My knee also feels like it isn't mine but it seems to be getting fractionally better every week. I'm 5 mo post Op.
  3. D

    Men - please read this topic, it may be the answer you need!!

    I have done quit a bit of research on this subject and have been injecting 1 mil of testosterone once every two weeks for over 10 years. A misconception with testosterone therapy is the increased risk of prostate cancer. There have been many studies that have confurmed this to be a mith. One of...
  4. D

    not a part of me

    Thanks for the encouragement. I'm going to have to force myself to be patient, and continue to work my tail off with the PT. Thanks again
  5. D

    not a part of me

    OH man did you hit the nail on the head with the statement "what is this thing and what have I let them do to me"!!! I guess I'm following all the stages right down the line. It's weard knowing why you feel one way but not being able to change it. ( does that make sense?) Just reassure me that...
  6. D

    not a part of me

    I'm a little worried about the feeling I'm having about my new knee. Does anyone feel like it not a part of you? I'm seven weeks post op and everyone tells me I'm doing great. My ROM is 115 and -1 and I'm walking around without any real pain. Thats the good. The bad is this dam swelling is...
  7. D

    Body pillow

    The lack of sleep has really been the hardest thing for me. I'm one month post op and still having a hard time sleeping more then an hour at a time. I don't seem to need anything more then Tylenol every 4 hrs to curb the pain but at night i take enough medication to drop a 500lb bull and still...
  8. D

    Knee replacement 5 wks ago, horrible pain, no sleep, bend only to 108, Manipulation?

    Re: Knee replacement 5 wks ago, horrible pain, no sleep, bend only to 108, Manipulati i started taking 3mg of melitonin time released just before bedtime and it has made my sleeping problem much better. Not perfect mind you but not that 30 min. at a time ****. Now it's more like 2-3 hrs at a...
  9. D

    I made it

    i'm a little worried that I'm not doing enough in regard to my ROM. My first visit with the theripest was yesterday,post op 4 days, and I could only get to 56 degrees. It seems the little I do My knee just blowes up which limits me. Is this all normal?
  10. D

    I made it

    surgery on Tuesday home on Thursday. Boy it's nice to be home!!!! OS said I shouldn't of waited so long... worst knee he had ever seen...and this guy has done hundreds and hundreds. He wondered how I could walk around, guess I had just gotten used to more pain then I relized. Anyway I'm on the...
  11. D

    anti-inflammatorys

    I'm sure most, if not all of you, used anti-inflammatorys before your TKR. My question is have you continued to use them after your TKR. I have heard they slow the healing process a bit but the anti-inflammatory properties of them seem they would be beneficial in recovery and returning your ROM...
  12. D

    physical therapy PO

    Thanks for all the responses and GREAT advice from you all. It seems that my Tuesday surgery and Wednesday release seems quit quick. I did like the idea of not having to stay in the hospital for more then one night though. I guess if the pain is manageable I'm good with that. It also sounds like...
  13. D

    physical therapy PO

    I'm going under the knife and saws for my TKR on Tuesday Oct 7. I went to schedule my therapy sessions and they wanted to know when I wanted to start. Hum...Surgery on Tuesday, home on Wendsday, therapy on Friday? Anyway that's when I scheduled it, but I'm wondering just how I'm going to feel...
  14. D

    Bone supplements??

    Go to https://www.lef.org It has a wealth of information about supplements and bases all it's recommendations on clinical and funded research. There supplements are the best you can purchase. In my opinion. Great site These looked interesting broken link removed...
  15. D

    Pros & Cons of Fall/Winter TKR Surgery

    Interesting that you would bring up that question because I had a hard time deciding on when to do it. I decided on the fall and this is why. I figured that I'm going to be sitting around alot of the time and I might as well have some good television to watch. But the real reason was, I figured...
Back
Top Bottom