I have a massage as part of PT twice a week and I love it! It eases the pain and helps get fluids flowing in the right direction. They work on everything from my hip down to the bottom of my feet-stopping longer to work on anything that is tender or swollen. I can imagine therapy without it...
Week 9 Update:
For most daily tasks I find that my knee is getting better week by week. My stamina is improving and I'm able to do more things all the time. My knee does not feel fully integrated ("normal"), but it is functional most of the time. I continue to go to PT twice a week mostly...
I was permitted to drive the short distance (7 miles) from my home to school when I returned to work at 5 1/2 weeks. At 7 weeks I was officially cleared to drive as needed.
Agree with all of the above. I'm at 7 weeks and my flexion (bend) is at 115*. I got there with no pain and gradually over time. I'm still working on extension (flat). It's not quite 0*, but close. Find a PT who is gentle and LISTENS to you. They are out there.
When your pain is preventing you from enjoying any activity in life that you want to participate in it's time to look for solutions. I'm 53 and my husband and I are recently empty nesters. We have been active all of our lives- hiking, fishing, diving, hunting and cycling together. When I...
I had in home PT for the first 3 weeks. It was very gentle. I also had home health nurses twice a week to check vitals and take care of my incision.
Yes about the tired of sitting! In my family we call it "Fanny Fatigue." Sometimes I get it when on a long car ride. I found the best relief...
I went straight from a walker to walking. I couldn't get the rhythm of using a cane. Use whatever you feel safest with at the time. I am walking with a medium limp at 7 weeks. I measure my progress week to week- not day to day. Take as much time as you need.
Cynthia
@sistersinhim ,
Thanks for the link to the article. It sounds exactly like what I am experiencing. Most of my PT on Wednesday was devoted to deep tissue massage on the whole leg trying to calm down the fascia irritated by the surgery. I'll definitely be asking if a medial relief was done...
Updating from my 6 weeks check up:
My incision is completely healed over and looks wonderful! I would definitely recommend surgeons who use ziplines to close. I had no stitches or staples. It both decreases the chances of infection and provides a more desirable cosmetic result. When I...
I was required to wear the nonslip hospital issued socks around the surgical floor while an inpatient. I wore my Sketchers dream walker slip-ons with backs home with no issues.
Cynthia
So it's been awhile since I've updated my recovery thread. I learned a lot and experienced a lot in the past few weeks of getting to know and manage my knee replacement.
I am 4 weeks out, still at home recovering and not yet ready for the real world, but I am close. Here are some topics I had...
Fellow BoneSmarties,
I am 4 days out from surgery. I was discharged from the hospital on Wednesday evening. My biggest challenges continue to be pain management and lack of sleep. I’m not going to sugar coat it- 48 hours after surgery my baby knee was screaming in pain. Fortunately, I have meds...
Tomorrow is the day! Hopefully all goes well and I’ll be on the recovery side. Meanwhile- WIDE AWAKE and not a bit sleepy... Guess I’ll make up for it in the next few days...
:heehee::heehee::heehee:
Cynthia:flwrysmile:
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.