Guest viewing is limited

TKR Life in Recovery: cynof4’s RTKR

I had a lateral release done during my surgery. I wouldn’t have known about it if I hadn’t asked for my surgical report.
 
Week 9 Update:

For most daily tasks I find that my knee is getting better week by week. My stamina is improving and I'm able to do more things all the time. My knee does not feel fully integrated ("normal"), but it is functional most of the time. I continue to go to PT twice a week mostly for a warm up, flexibility and massage. I've been in the pool swimming and trying some gentle movements. The water feels good. Destinknee likes it :swim: !

My scar has healed nicely with no complications. I'm using vitamin E oil on it once a day to keep it soft and smooth. I wear a compression sleeve most days while at work pants, skirts and dresses. It keeps the fabric from rubbing against the scar and provides some support as the day wears on.

I am still troubled with thigh pain. We have traced it to my hamstring on the medial side. It is used to doing most of the work and is not eager to give up its starring role. I did not have any type of surgical release. This pain is mostly at night and when at rest. It is pulling everything to the medial side and then causing cramps and spasms. It is also interfering with my ability to get to 0* flexion. We're working on it with exercise and deep tissue massage. I hope that it doesn't turn into a long term issue!:bignono:

I am still not sleeping through the night. Baby Destinknee likes to get up around 2 am every night for a nighttime stroll. I'm about done with being sleep deprived :tiredwheel: and am truly looking forward to the day when this stops! Other than the insane pain in the first 2 weeks, not sleeping has been the worst part of this recovery. There is just no way to prepare for it.

I see the OS again at 12 weeks. Hopefully, all will be well by then...or at least, better.

~:flwrysmile:Cynthia

Pics of my knee at 2 days and 9 weeks below. I'm a huge fan of the zipline.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Life in Recovery: cynof4’s RTKR
    knee with zipline.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 263
  • [Bonesmart.org] Life in Recovery: cynof4’s RTKR
    knee 9 weeks.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 249
That scar looks great! Isn't it great when you can see improvements in your knee every few weeks!
 

Staff online

  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom