Recent content by cssgregg1

  1. cssgregg1

    THR Post Anterior hip replacement<

    Yes i can scale back some. Actually when im using the cane i walk perfectly normal with no limp. I think i mistook walking without a cane and walking "normally" without a cane . I figured since i could physically walk without a cane ( even though i was limping pretty good ) that that was ok but...
  2. cssgregg1

    THR Post Anterior hip replacement<

    Well it looks like i will be the poster child for pushing it too fast . For the first 4 weeks it was like a miracle how fast everything was going and easy the recovery was going . I never had any real pain and was on a walker for a short time and a cane for a short time and started walking on my...
  3. cssgregg1

    THR Post Anterior hip replacement<

    Yes i do but its a Klee Kai husky . Great dog but not the one in the pic . A smaller version .
  4. cssgregg1

    THR Post Anterior hip replacement<

    Thank you for the reply . I was doing great until i got to 4 weeks . I used a walker for the first 2 weeks then a cane for 2 weeks. I was coming into work at about 3 weeks and was just working 4 hours a day and i just fix computers so my work is just sitting and some walking around the shop...
  5. cssgregg1

    Newbie introducing myself

    Just an update , i had my 2 week follow up appt with my surgeon and everything is looking just fine . I stopped using the walker and started using a cane yesterday without any pain . My surgeon also said i dont have to do any rehab. I am able to walk with my cane with no problems or pain . I...
  6. cssgregg1

    THR Post Anterior hip replacement<

    Thank you for all the replies .
  7. cssgregg1

    THR Post Anterior hip replacement<

    I had the ATHR 6/7/17 and have been using the walker . I feel next to no pain and am wondering when is it ok to switch to a cane from a walker ? Should i wait until my first post op appt or at 11 days out should it be ok to start on a cane . I tried it around the house and i can walk fine on it...
  8. cssgregg1

    THR Post Anterior hip replacement<

    Josephine , my first follow up appt is 6/23/17 . When i say my pain level is only up to 3 its because i was expecting to feel the pain i felt when i broke bones . I had been waiting for that feeling since the operation and it never came . I do get muscle pain and soreness so the oxycodone does...
  9. cssgregg1

    THR Post Anterior hip replacement<

    Josephine, my surgery date was 6/7/17
  10. cssgregg1

    THR 10 months ago and now pain in groin.

    @labosc. I just had my surgery last week and did the same thing you did .I felt no pain so i was walking all over the place and lifting my legs and my leg swelled up and felt like a drum head . After getting answers from Josephine and Jaycey here they said to just relax and dont do any PT , ice...
  11. cssgregg1

    Newbie introducing myself

    I lived with severe osteoarthritis for over 10 years because i worried so much about the recovery time being as im self employed . I was one of the stupid people that watched the youtube videos . I actually watched so many i think i could have done the surgery myself . I didnt have a problem...
  12. cssgregg1

    THR Post Anterior hip replacement<

    1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine) My pain level this whole time after surgery has been 1 to 2 . The only pain i have had was when my leg was swollen, tight and the muscles were pretty sore . Even at the highest pain...
  13. cssgregg1

    THR Post Anterior hip replacement<

    Sure Josephine . Am i being sent to the principals office ??? lol
  14. cssgregg1

    THR Post Anterior hip replacement<

    Thanks you guys. You are all right on target and I'm stopping everything and am going to just kick back now and heal. I figured just normal walking if there was not much pain would be ok. I have been icing it and elevating it quite a bit. The Macy's trip was basically just walking in and out...
  15. cssgregg1

    THR Post Anterior hip replacement<

    I have another question for everybody. When I was at the hospital after the surgery I was able to take some steps without the walker smoothly and without limping. I know the surgeon put in a narcotic into the joint for the first 24 hours so that may be why but now a week later I can walk ok with...
Back
Top Bottom