Recent content by Creek lady

  1. Creek lady

    TKR CaliGirl's post op journey.

    I hear you! I do believe that the Volteran gel has helped my kneecap pain. You might remember that we conversed a while ago and my surgeon had a similar take on scar tissue needing to work it's way out and more surgery if it did not. My knee is now at 7 months and around 6 weeks since I've...
  2. Creek lady

    TKR LTKR March 23, 2016 RTKR January 6, 2016

    7 months today since my right knee replacement and about 4 1/2 months for the left. I vacuumed my downstairs, did some gardening, washed and hung out some laundry, canned 11 pints of crosscut pickles and made dinner and cleaned up the kitchen. I may pay for it tomorrow but I finally think...
  3. Creek lady

    TKR CaliGirl's post op journey.

    I tired to also say that I hope you have a similar experience as time goes on. I often felt hopeless and discouraged because of the pain but now I think time is the healer and patience is hard but necessary. RTKR January 6 2016 LTKR March 23 2016 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. Creek lady

    TKR CaliGirl's post op journey.

    I can identify with just about all your pains! I think my back improved as my gait got more normal- it's been about a month since I visited my dr about it. My gait improved due to less sharp pain like yours (kinda under and to the lateral side under my kneecap right side). It occurred as I put...
  5. Creek lady

    TKR LTKR March 23, 2016 RTKR January 6, 2016

    @Suz. Thanks! It is good to be able to get out and do things. Hope all is improving for you. RTKR January 6 2016 LTKR March 23 2016 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. Creek lady

    TKR LTKR March 23, 2016 RTKR January 6, 2016

    @sistersinhim. Thanks! I appreciate your encouragement! RTKR January 6 2016 LTKR March 23 2016 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. Creek lady

    TKR LTKR March 23, 2016 RTKR January 6, 2016

    We took my granddaughter to the Buffalo Zoo today. I walked for the longest distance since last November! Almost 2 1/2 miles according to my app. Icing and elevating right now but I'm also feeling proud of myself! RTKR January 6 2016 LTKR March 23 2016 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. Creek lady

    TKR LTKR March 23, 2016 RTKR January 6, 2016

    @Suz. Side sleeping is the bomb! Who knew how some small things become so important? LOL! Glad you have also found dome relief. RTKR January 6 2016 LTKR March 23 2016 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. Creek lady

    TKR LTKR March 23, 2016 RTKR January 6, 2016

    I was thinking about pre-knee replacements and how hard it was to sleep. One night I actually got up and wrapped my knee in bubble wrap thinking it might take some pressure off. LOL! It did not work! I am finally sleeping all night. I have even progressed to some side sleeping. Goes to show-...
  10. Creek lady

    TKR LTKR March 23, 2016 RTKR January 6, 2016

    I did a search on fibromyalgia and there were a few conversations from the past that popped up. I don't know why I did not think of searching before! There seems to be some agreement that is causes more problems but it is very individual. Interesting. RTKR January 6 2016 LTKR March 23 2016...
  11. Creek lady

    TKR Annie11 recovery

    @Annie11. Yes pain upon going from sitting to standing. It takes me a moment to get going although I can rise on my own now. It seems to go away quickly. I hear you about the arthritic knee- my 2nd replacement knee was asked to do so much work after the first was done, it was very painful...
  12. Creek lady

    TKR LTKR March 23, 2016 RTKR January 6, 2016

    @NightQuilter. I was hoping to generate more of a conversation about fibromyalgia and our pain response. I don't think about the diagnosis until I have some unexplained pain. Thanks for chiming in! RTKR January 6 2016 LTKR March 23 2016 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. Creek lady

    TKR LTKR March 23, 2016 RTKR January 6, 2016

    I wish we could channel our nerves- mind over matter! Nevertheless it helps to know we are in this together! Thanks for your commiseration. RTKR January 6 2016 LTKR March 23 2016 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. Creek lady

    TKR LTKR March 23, 2016 RTKR January 6, 2016

    Thanks @sistesinhim. It is annoying dine I think if it would stop I could think about something else. I'm so tired of thinking about my knees because they are always sending my brain messages! I hope you find relief as well! Thank you for your prayers. RTKR January 6 2016 LTKR March 23...
  15. Creek lady

    TKR LTKR March 23, 2016 RTKR January 6, 2016

    Thanks Suz! I should not complain. I've actually done really well. Your journey has had more roadblocks yet you are always cheering everyone on and do upbeat! RTKR January 6 2016 LTKR March 23 2016 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom