Recent content by cookster65

  1. cookster65

    Bilateral THR Bilateral THR 5/18/16

    @pipster2 Thanks so much for your reply - it does help to hear from others going through this. I think the lack of info about what to expect in this period between hospital and getting back to "normal" activities like work is the hardest. I will keep trolling these forums a bit each day for...
  2. cookster65

    Bilateral THR Bilateral THR 5/18/16

    Hi @pipster2 - I am 5 1/2 weeks out with bilateral THR - I feel like a lack of info on what to expect with respect to bilateral has been very frustrating to me, and as someone (you?) above said - a lot of info out there is based on one hip not two. My aunt who had one replaced tells me she was...
  3. cookster65

    THR MiChickie gets her new hip!

    @MIchickie congrats on 5 weeks ! I hit 5 weeks last Friday ! Curious to know from you and any other bilateral THRs how long it took before you could bend enough to put on socks and shoes without assistive devices or help from someone. Feeling frustrated to not be more self-sufficient at this...
  4. cookster65

    One week to go

    @Royal1383 - I had bilateral 12 days ago. I was pretty diligent about doing my pre-op hip exercises, and continuing to do 20 minute aerobic exercise prior to surgery. I would tell others to do whatever you can - pre-op exercises, walking - anything you can do at this point to be in best shape...
  5. cookster65

    I hope I have made the right decision...

    Hi @Geordy, I had bilateral surgery on June 17th - 12 days ago - I am so glad to have done both at once and now am on my way to recovery. I already graduated from walker to cane, and today I walked over a mile without a cane. If you are a candidate for bilateral I assume you are in good shape -...
  6. cookster65

    Bilateral THR Anterior 6 days out - advice on lower leg pain!<

    Ha oh sorry Josephine (not JosephineA!) Now I get it ! That makes sense what you are saying about limiting to 20 minutes I will try that as a guideline, and stop the obsessive ankle pumping!! Thanks again! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. cookster65

    Bilateral THR Anterior 6 days out - advice on lower leg pain!<

    Hi all - thanks for this advice! @Cynthia777 - no worries! All info is helpful! @JosephineA - thanks so much for the info about the PT exercises. Very happy to stop all that stuff. @hip hip hooray - they told me to do ankle pumps as often as I can as much as I can when I'm sitting, so I am...
  8. cookster65

    Bilateral THR Anterior 6 days out - advice on lower leg pain!<

    Oops - "FWIS" - was supposed to be FWIW = "For what it's worth"
  9. cookster65

    Bilateral THR Anterior 6 days out - advice on lower leg pain!<

    Oh just checked back - wow - thanks @Krista, @Mikessp, and @Hip Hip Hooray! This is all helpful. Maybe I should try icing my lower legs - although I have to say my ankles are less swollen today! I have had issues with my knees before but not from injury - they have been better lately and was...
  10. cookster65

    Bilateral THR Anterior 6 days out - advice on lower leg pain!<

    Hi from Michigan, I had been meaning to post in the pre-op area before my surgery but there was so much to do beforehand that I never found the time! But reading about some others' experience with bilateral THR surgery on this forum was SO helpful - I was having a hard time getting info about...
  11. cookster65

    2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    @leslie2548 and @Rimrock - my fellow June 17th Sunbeams! Will be thinking of you tomorrow as I take the plunge! Hope all goes well for you both!
  12. cookster65

    What are you doing to prepare for surgery?

    @ouch - thank you that is helpful! @Liveringer - thank you - that's the one! And keeping you in my thoughts today for successful outcome!
  13. cookster65

    What are you doing to prepare for surgery?

    Hi all - I'm 2 days from surgery and trying to do last minute prep. I thought that a while back I saw some other posts about what to bring to the hospital, but now I can't find. Can anyone point me to more info? Thanks!
  14. cookster65

    2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    Hi! I'm having bilateral THR on June 17th. I live in NYC but am traveling to Michigan for the surgery. I'm a bit nervous about not being able to go home (will be staying with some very generous relatives) and about the surgery itself, but excited to finally get this taken care of. I'm very happy...
Back
Top Bottom