Recent content by ConnieJo

  1. ConnieJo

    TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

    I didn't have a problem getting off the Hydrocodone. From what my doctor said, when I was there for my last visit is that it's basically a stronger form of Tylenol. The doctor also mentioned the change of weather affecting how the knee feels, September, if that makes you feel any better. I felt...
  2. ConnieJo

    TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

    Hey-hey September....seems like forever since I've been on here to check to see how you're doing. I can relate to your post about trying to walk normal and your gait. My PT was really having me focus on that last week and the week before. He said it wouldn't be a bad idea to have someone video...
  3. ConnieJo

    TKR ConnieJo's knee recovery

    It's still bugging the **** out of me. I just don't think we're bonding well. Two steps forward and one back. Yesterday they seemed to be pretty pleased with it at PT. They said that it went from 15 to 5 at,getting it straight...whatever that means. I try to go and swing on the porch swing a...
  4. ConnieJo

    TKR ConnieJo's knee recovery

    Seems like I'm having a setback. My knee seems very angry at the moment. Ever since that PT visit Wednesday. I can't get near the bend that I had and the pain is worse. Just trying to give it time to calm back down.
  5. ConnieJo

    TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

    I hear ya.......so thankful for capris. My knee has hurt since my last PT on Wednesday.
  6. ConnieJo

    TKR ConnieJo's knee recovery

    Thanks Josephine & Spencieca. Went to the Dr. today and got that hip x-rayed. I was happy to find out that it's not caused by arthritis. He gave be the card for a hip Dr. in the same building. He said it could possibly be the muscle that needs built up, but that I may need to get an MRI if it...
  7. ConnieJo

    TKR ConnieJo's knee recovery

    I've had more discomfort today than I've had in awhile. It feels like I have an ace bandage wrapped around it tightly even in the upper calf area. My husband and I were sitting out on the porch swing (I think swinging is actually good with the bending back and forth of the knee) and I had him...
  8. ConnieJo

    Bilateral TKR My story so far

    Wow...you're a very lucky guy!!! As long as you realize not everyone recovers that quickly! I thought my husband had a pretty decent recovery last year, but you have him beat. I'll call you the same as I called him...Showoff!!!! :) J/k count your blessings and continue to do well!!
  9. ConnieJo

    TKR ConnieJo's knee recovery

    I guess I'll know more after Friday and see what the X-ray shows. If it doesn't show anything,I just may ask for a MRI.
  10. ConnieJo

    TKR ConnieJo's knee recovery

    Thanks Celle and September. Your kind words are much appreciated. The therapist was very kind and concerned and told me that I can call him anytime with any questions and concerns. Yesterday was a better day for me than Saturday and Sunday, as for as my mood. I felt like I stayed a little busier...
  11. ConnieJo

    TKR ConnieJo's knee recovery

    I haven't taken any Tylenol for quite a few days now. As far as the pain goes, I don't really have much at all. I took a pain med before PT this morning, because I wasn't sure how much pressing and pressure he would be applying to my knee in order to help with getting it straight, but I think he...
  12. ConnieJo

    TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

    Hi September, Glad your PT Session went well. I went again myself. In fact I pulled myself out of bed this morning when I so Did not want to get up. Last time I looked at the clock in the middle of the night it was 4:15 and I hadn't had any sleep. I had to force myself to get ready for my...
  13. ConnieJo

    TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

    I guess I should check my blood pressure tomorrow. Now that I'm back to taking my two pills a day, I'm thinking it's back to where it was, but I don't know if I checked it at all last week. I did the ice & the heating pad both today. I really didn't use the heat on top of the knee, but on the bs...
  14. ConnieJo

    TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

    Hope you're having a better day today! I went for my PT visit this morning.he thought I was doing okay with my bending of the knee, but He said we need to work hard the next three to four weeks to try to get the leg straight. I admit the last week, I probably haven't been working it as much as...
  15. ConnieJo

    TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

    Sorry to hear you're having a bad day. Hope tomorrow will be better for you. This is the first time I've been on for awhile.i've been reading all your post that I've missed out on. I liked what you said, September that slow & steady wins the race. It think that's true much of the time. It's...
Back
Top Bottom