Recent content by Cocopug

  1. C

    MUA TKR by robot

    I am going into hospital next Tuesday the 30th April. I will let you all know how it goes. Both my hips are painful because of the strange gait I have adopted when I walk. My right shoulder is also playing up because of the crutch. I really have had enough now! This will be my 17th procedure on...
  2. C

    MUA TKR by robot

    Guess what, I am on the waiting list for an operation yet again. The MUA I had on the 9.11.23 didn’t work and despite endless painful physio I cannot extend my leg. They plan to go in through the same scar that has been opened 3 times already and do something with the front of my knee...
  3. C

    TKR Mako TKR scheduled for March 14th

    I had my second knee done with the mako and to be honest my recovery was no faster in my case. You will also have a second wound on your shin where they attach the robot arm or something. That is also a bit sore. Good luck
  4. C

    TKR Cocopug Recovery Journey

    I can feel the back of my left knee now touching the bed after my MUA on Thursday. My thigh muscles are screaming though. On the yes it’s my left knee. The same procedure as the right knee nearly 2 years ago. The MUA on left was done on the 9th November 2023
  5. C

    TKR Cocopug Recovery Journey

    All the right letter but not in the correct order
  6. C

    TKR Cocopug Recovery Journey

    Hello everyone, I had my MUA today and all went to plan. I’m not in pain but a little discomfort. I had a brace made this morning after the procedure and I have to use a machine for 72 hours I think it’s called a CMP machine. So far so good
  7. C

    MUA TKR by robot

    I got a date for my MUA it’s the 15 November and I can’t wait because I know I will make better progress when this is done. 10 weeks since my TKR and although the knee is still swollen and a bit warm I have no real pain in the knee. It just feels like the ligaments and soft tissue are pulling...
  8. C

    Revision TKR A New Day

    No, this isn’t right, s is a lack of duty of care. Make another appointment and complain at the same time. Never heard anything so uncaring and frankly unprofessional. At the very least an X-ray is needed. Don’t be afraid to phone and make your feelings known.
  9. C

    TKR TKR

    That is exactly the same place as my last bit to heal. It does heal though. It just looks a bit like a tear drop
  10. C

    TKR Something isn’t right..

    I was prescribed naproxen and opiates after TKR and later that week I got diverticulitis and irregular heartbeat and shockingly high blood pressure had to call an ambulance. Had a strange ECG and ultra sound of my heart and now on blood thinners. I think it was side effects from the medicine...
  11. C

    TKR Frustratingly slow recovery, but getting there...

    I am also 7 weeks post op and I can bend to about 95 but still Lots of swelling. I can’t straighten my leg so I’m having a MUA in a few weeks. Keep icing and elevating perhaps massage the back of your knee. Good luck
  12. C

    MUA TKR by robot

    Thank you
  13. C

    MUA TKR by robot

    Went for my 6 week check after my TKR and as I suspected I have to go back to hospital in 3-4 weeks for an MUA. I knew I couldn’t get my leg to extend. I had to have it done with my right leg 2 years ago. I have had 6 surgeries on each leg over the years and have built up a lot of scar tissue...
  14. C

    MUA TKR by robot

    Just took my little dog out for a short pee and poop walk on my own earlier. The first time in 6 weeks. My knee is a bit sore now as I could only take one crutch.
  15. C

    MUA TKR by robot

    Went to PT today. Bend is ok but getting my leg straight is an issue they tell me. I’ve had another shockingly bad week 2x to cardiologist and now on blood thinners. I go for my 6 week check to the surgeon next Tuesday and I really hope I don’t have to undergo a MUA like I did with my right...
Back
Top Bottom