Recent content by cnm1

  1. cnm1

    MUA Stiff Knee

    Hi Doula Nurse-midwife here!! I am 16 weeks post op. I went back to work at 12 weeks ( 9 days instead of 10 days pay period). Do not rush back if you can. I am doing ok but am exhausted. Recovery is a slow, frustrating process for most of us
  2. cnm1

    TKR Long painful recovery?<

    Hi Jarginko: I think it would perfectly appropriate to take stronger pain meds before bedtime to help yourself sleep. You are about 7 wks. You are expecting too much. If going up the stairs normally hurts - stop!!! You seem to be doing fine but yes, it unrealistic to expect pain free, full...
  3. cnm1

    MUA knee so stiff<<

    Hi Bland9 Looks like we started back to work the same day!! Wow - I am so tired. I am nurse midwife. Over 8 hours on my feet, no lunch (I rarely get a break). It is a reality check!! Knee is achy but ok. Hip and back are screaming. I brought my cane for the second day because by the 2nd have...
  4. cnm1

    TKR Phrog's Great Expectations - Downgraded a Little<

    I am not surprised at all that a trip like that took a lot of of you. I will not try to do a big trip for a year based on my experience with my first knee replacement. It really took a year for me to get my strength back. I think that it is easy over estimate on your stage of healing when ADL no...
  5. cnm1

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    :rofsign:This is so funny. Last year (after only one knee replacement) I thought I would try that. I think I made with 4 steps with one bad knee and I was done. I will put on my list of things for the spring!!! (one driveway to the next - when no one is around to see me)
  6. cnm1

    TKR CNM1 new knee June 16<

    I try to use my experiences as a patient when I see my patients. I think it is one of the reasons I am good at my job. It is nice when bad/unpleasant experiences can be used in a positive way!!
  7. cnm1

    TKR CNM1 new knee June 16<

    The PT started out really well. She seemed to understand that it was only about my hip pain. She just did not listen when I said - these stretches seem to hurting my back. I cannot tell how many times I have had PT and when I said this is making things worse; they said that is not possible...
  8. cnm1

    TKR CNM1 new knee June 16<

    I had my last PT appt Weds and have decided PT just does not work for me. We started out gentle but even though I was developing more back pain, she recommended more activities. Mainly stretches. Yesterday she had me doing "bridges" and I said this just hurts so we stopped.:oyvey: Of course I...
  9. cnm1

    TKR CNM1 new knee June 16<

    OJ2 - I just was not prepared for the back/hip pain. I have never had back problems. I worry about it becoming chronic like so many friends. Sistersinhim I have tried to stay in touch with people but my energy level is so low it hard to do more than talk. I did go out to dinner with a...
  10. cnm1

    TKR CNM1 new knee June 16<

    Well I was hoping to post about my grand recovery but the truth will have to do:heehee:. Knee is doing great - some discomfort but I do not use ice any more. The hip is 80% better since the injection (but still requires care to avaoid flare ups) but lower back started hurting the week after the...
  11. cnm1

    TKR Almost one year, still a bit sore

    Hi - TKR is a rough road but it does get better (Like a roller coaster with up and downs). I could not elevated much because it bothered my hip. I did what I could without pain. I stopped doing PT because of pain until almost 8 weeks. My knee is fine (but still having hip and back problems). It...
  12. cnm1

    TKR I really didn't know what I was getting into!

    Hi Knees I feel your pain. I have not posted in a month because I was feeling discouraged (11 wks out) In my case my knee is great, really do not think much about it. Gets achy sometimes but resolves. BUT I have haunted by piriformis muscle, IT band and NOW lower back muscle problems. I got a...
  13. cnm1

    TKR Wondering how I am doing on the expected recovery scale

    I agree with everyone - WAYYYYY too much PT. I had my RTKR 11 days before you. I stopped home PT after suffering hip problems after my 2nd session (about 10 days post op) that involved squats and lunges. I did nothing and started outpatient PT at 6 1/2 wks. I have 120 flexion/full extension...
  14. cnm1

    TKR Odd pain in knee?

    :flwrysmile:I am glad you have a PT that understands the healing process. It makes such a difference, physically and mentally.
  15. cnm1

    TKR CNM1 new knee June 16<

    More good news. :spin:My appointment with the non surgical orthopedist went great. Very thorough assessment of hip with history, exam, xrays and u/s. He felt it was bursitis/gluteal tendinitis. He recommended a steroid injecton which I got. Icing right now because between a long drive (40...
Back
Top Bottom