Recent content by CJM

  1. CJM

    TKR + MUA first knee. One year post knee surgery

    I will add walking to my workouts too
  2. CJM

    TKR + MUA first knee. One year post knee surgery

    Thanks again Celle. Just don't get this thread thing. Sisterinhim - I am glad I had both knees done and am able to walk and even hike now. I just think I am behind because it is still very painful to get up from a sit to a stand and my knees feel sore during the day. They are fine at night and...
  3. CJM

    TKR + MUA first knee. One year post knee surgery

    I wanted to send out an update on my very long recovery process. I have been working with a personal trainer at the YMCA for two weeks now. I meet with her two times per week for an hour and on the other days I use my recumbent bike slowly amping the resistance. We have not used any...
  4. CJM

    TKR + MUA first knee. One year post knee surgery

    My first appointment is scheduled for October 2 (as I will be out of town). Will keep everyone interested posted!
  5. CJM

    TKR + MUA first knee. One year post knee surgery

    I went to the YMCA yesterday and am waiting to here back from a personal trainer. So the first step is taken care of. Will try to update as I go along. I'm thinking my journey might help others with difficulties at the one year mark.
  6. CJM

    TKR + MUA first knee. One year post knee surgery

    I appreciate the suggestions. I am going to go to the YMCA tomorrow and find out what machines I can use to rebuild these tender tissue issues . A walking routine won't hurt either!
  7. CJM

    TKR + MUA first knee. One year post knee surgery

    I had my first knee done Sept. 20th a year ago and the second knee done on Jan. 31 (at which time my surgeon did an MUA on the first knee because he felt I could get more bend). My concerns are that both knees still hurt, but not to the point that I need strong drugs like Tramadol. I usually...
  8. CJM

    TKR + MUA first knee. One year post knee surgery

    Thanks for responding! I would have thought that heat or massage might have been the way to go. But I guess you can never go wrong with trying ice. We are out of town wedding planning for our son's wedding right now. I think when I get back home I will call the doc. I don't know if this is...
  9. CJM

    TKR + MUA first knee. One year post knee surgery

    Another question....I had a MUA on my left knee while I was under for my right knee. Lately I've noticed a very tender, painful and swollen area on the kneecap area. It feels like there is fluid inside. Does anyone know what this might be and what I can do to get it normal again (heat? massage? Etc)
  10. CJM

    TKR + MUA first knee. One year post knee surgery

    Sorry, it was not my intent to be rude. I asked the question because we had surgery on the same day. I just don't hear a lot of people talking about having this problem. I saw my surgeon on Monday and asked if this was common. He said it occurs in about 5% of patients. I guess I drew the lucky...
  11. CJM

    TKR + MUA first knee. One year post knee surgery

    Do you have any tips on making the transition easier?
  12. CJM

    TKR + MUA first knee. One year post knee surgery

    Just curious...do your knees kill when you try to get up from sitting? My surgery was the same day and I just want to cry every time I get up. I am quite depressed.
  13. CJM

    TKR + MUA first knee. One year post knee surgery

    Thanks Karri. My first knee was done Sept 20 and that one still hurts when I stand too. I guess I will have to be more patient until I reach 3 months on the new one. I was hoping that I would be in great shape by July because our son is getting married then. That's why I decided to have these...
  14. CJM

    TKR Two new knees....yes, please

    Sounds like you're doing pretty well to me. I took several Percocet the first week after surgery but decided to try to stick to Tramadol and Tylenol after that. So needless to say I do feel discomfort in both knees.
  15. CJM

    TKR + MUA first knee. One year post knee surgery

    My second knee is done! I took several Percocet the first week after surgery but decided to try to stick to Tramadol and Tylenol after that. So needless to say I do feel discomfort in both knees. But where I really struggle is going from sitting to standing up. Every time I get up for those 2-3...
Back
Top Bottom