Recent content by cj19mann

  1. cj19mann

    Waking in recovery

    How are you @KcSweet1975?? Looking forward to hearing how your operation and early recovery has gone!!
  2. cj19mann

    THR I now have a matching set!

    @Midchild54 I am so happy you found something to ease your pain and help you make it through the day! I am back on an oral NSAID for my knee. It is helping some! Yay! I might try adding back walking this next week...I had limited myself to stationary bike only. At least part of my issue has got...
  3. cj19mann

    THR I now have a matching set!

    @Cynthia777 good question... I injured that knee 20 yrs ago in college. I as worked up by an OS that said I "stretched" my ACL. It took a few months of therapy and NSAIDs, but it has not given me any trouble since then. Until about week 2 after this surgery when I really got back to walking...
  4. cj19mann

    THR I now have a matching set!

    4 week update: ugh!! I feel completely set back by this knee pain and weakness! :( I am back to the cane which I hadn't used in 2 weeks. I talked to my surgeon's NP yesterday and she called in an anti-inflammatory for me to take. She wants me to come in next week though if the pain persists. I...
  5. cj19mann

    Waking in recovery

    I took my nurses a goodie basket of snack foods, gum, tea bags, etc. I am a nurse and a human...it is really easy to be super kind to someone who is kind to you and thankful for your care!! :loveshwr: @KcSweet1975 I woke in recovery with a pain scale of 3/10. My op leg felt slightly numb and...
  6. cj19mann

    THR One hip done, one to go!

    @Getnfit read your recovery thread, love the yoga pics at the end!! I am 3 weeks out from my 2nd thr and can't wait to get back to it! :) Hope you are still doing well!!
  7. cj19mann

    THR Am I dreaming? Not anymore!

    hey @Midchild54 You are in my thoughts this morning. How are you?? Any update on your back issues? :flwrysmile:
  8. cj19mann

    THR I now have a matching set!

    Day 23 update: Had my post op appt this week. Surgeon is pleased with how everything it's progressing. My complaints, though different for me from my last THR, he says are all to be expected. My knee is still hurting and feeling like it will buckle on some steps I take. Trying to strengthen my...
  9. cj19mann

    Any FAI (Femoral Acetabular Impingement) Hippies out there?

    I sent you a PM @Brittany L :wave:
  10. cj19mann

    THR Sagefemme's Recovery Diary

    Just found your recovery thread. Congrats on getting your active, pain free life back! It really is amazing isn't it? I ended up have in second done 7 months after my first. (Just 2 weeks ago) I am past the worst and don't regret a thing. Blessings to you!
  11. cj19mann

    Any FAI (Femoral Acetabular Impingement) Hippies out there?

    Absolutely @Brittany L Anytime!
  12. cj19mann

    THR I now have a matching set!

    Day 12 update: I believe I am past the worst of the surgical pain now!! Woohoo!! I still have some pain, but on the mild side. I am able to walk without any walking aids. I take a cane with me when out in public, mostly for warning to others to keep their distance I can go up stairs foot over...
  13. cj19mann

    THR Round two, healing underway

    On the other hand, I'm amazed by how nice it feels to have no arthritis on either side. Focus on the positive. YES!!! It is quite miraculous isn't it? Best wishes in your recovery.
  14. cj19mann

    THR painful tight quad

    I love your user name! I will pass along something that has helped my sore crampy muscles after both my THRs...try a muscle rub (not near your incision!!) I use Cryoderm but there are many different brands on the market. Bengay, biofreeze, icyhot, etc. It REALLY helped me. Be reassured that this...
  15. cj19mann

    THR I now have a matching set!

    Day 5. Feeling well and strong today. That was not the case yesterday...I had a setback day. We all have those, huh? I felt nauseous and weak most of the day. I had to have an enema to get the bowels going (probably TMI, sorry) Yuck. Super thankful that has passed (literally also) :heehee: My...
Back
Top Bottom