Waking in recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my nurses a goodie basket of snack foods, gum, tea bags, etc. I am a nurse and a human...it is really easy to be super kind to someone who is kind to you and thankful for your care!! :loveshwr:
@KcSweet1975 I woke in recovery with a pain scale of 3/10. My op leg felt slightly numb and heavy. Your recovery nurse will be checking on you every few minutes to assess you pain number. I cannot stress this enough - do not wait until your pain number is high before asking for medicine!!! If you keep a regular scheduled dose of pain medicine in your body you will avoid the peaks and valleys of pain!! General anesthesia is a marvelous thing...best nap ever!! Best wishes tomorrow!
 
@KcSweet1975 I had GA and had little or no pain in the recovery room. The nurse assessed my pain several times and brought me ice chips a lot. I think she hung my first dose of pain meds. The main thing I remember about waking up is that my mouth was really dry, so I kept asking for ice.

Regarding getting meds, if it seems like what you are getting isn't working, ask for something else. Most OSs provide a list of different meds, and they usually start you on the weaker ones.
 
I am so glad I read this thread and you all mentioned thanking your nurses personally. I had two very nice caring nurses and now plan to do something for them when I am able to get around.
 
How are you @KcSweet1975?? Looking forward to hearing how your operation and early recovery has gone!!
 
I am doing well:) today was a good day and I was up and about quite a bit but also paid attention to my body when it was getting tired. I am tired for sure but as time goes on sleep will get better.
I am on 2x10mg/325 hydrocodone for the pain and it works really well. I tried Percocet but I just broke out in hives and it didn't help the pain much. All in all everything is going very well. Will set up p/t Monday.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom