Any FAI (Femoral Acetabular Impingement) Hippies out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading stories of people who can't hardly walk up stairs or get out of their cars. I can do all that normally with out any pain. My ROM is just inhibited bc of the spurs and eventually get's sore if I'm on it all day for long periods of time. I just can't decide if it's better to go ahead and get it done now with moderate amounts of pain I'm experiencing, or if I should hold off. I like snowboarding in the winter we go maybe 2-3 times. Is that an absolute no-no or do you still go?
 
can I PM you? I have a few questions
Ladies, can I ask you to please not PM your questions? When you found the forum, it was the content of people's posts that made you think it was a good place to hang out. Just think if all the questions were pm'd - there would be nothing much on the forum! :)
[Bonesmart.org] Any FAI (Femoral Acetabular Impingement) Hippies out there?
 
FIA is rarely revealed on standard AP and lateral xrays. Consequently, patients tend not to get diagnosed before significant damage has been done
My pain started 18 months ago and after having xrays and months of physical therapy, finally got to an ortho doc who said the labrum damage and arthritis had advanced to a point where THR is only option. That's going to happen in a month and I've stopped thinking about what-if's. Can't change anything that's already gone by, just what's in front of me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom