Recent content by cinrey

  1. cinrey

    TKR Discouraged

    Hi-I havent posted in awhile,Ive been recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia!lucky me! The latest on my post op knee that is starting to worry me is,when walking i will get a sharp,sudden pain in the front (patellar tendon?)and knee feels like its going to give out-errrr!Im calling os office tom.
  2. cinrey

    TKR Discouraged

    Welcome-recovery is a different process for everyone-im almost 3 months post op(pkr),and im still stuggling!I ache all of the time,cant walk x long distances,however my rom and strength is good.Patience is not one my attributes!
  3. cinrey

    PKR the other side

    Hi-my knee seems to be doing better,the latest is feeings of achiness -mostly my legs,now my neck lately too.The OS recommended seeing a rheumatologist(appt tom)for possible RA or fibromyaglia-we'll see >Ill keep you posted:yawn:
  4. cinrey

    TKR Year On and Possible Loose Prosthesis

    Welcome!Remember everyones process is different,I too tend to overdue ,im 9 weeks out,i was on that emotional roller coaster,frustrated,crying/depressed one day,then feeling pretty good the next!Hang in there:flwrysmile:
  5. cinrey

    TKR Still swollen

    I would get a second opinion,also you may be a candidate for a closed manipulation to break through that scar tissue after 6 months ,thats usually the problem-p.s. ive been a p.t. x35 yrs-ive seen this so often good luck
  6. cinrey

    TKR This is hard!

    I so relate!I too have had depression x 10 years,the fact that im still uncomfortable,inability to return to my level activties is frustrating and boy has my depression kicked in!im 8.5 weeks post op,rom and strength is good,i just cant tolerate long pderiods of weight bearing,walking etc..
  7. cinrey

    PKR the other side

    Thanks Celle,I added my hx,thx.I guess Im impatient and while my OS is great,the "nazi" p.a. hasnt had this done and perhaps has become jaded since they have done hundreds of replacements.I take an anti inflammatory and tramadol(does Zip)I might just go to the urgent care for something...
  8. cinrey

    PKR the other side

    My PKR update post-op 9 weeks;rom= excellent,strength=good,however my problem is pain when active ie;if i go to grocery store,walk a couple departments,i have to sit.I dont have resting pain,eg if i sit and dont move the rest of my life,im good!The ortho says-exercise ,the nazi-p.a. says-your...
  9. cinrey

    PKR the other side

    Ortho follow up today,I was honest in that Im still hurting,cant walk far w/o pain-he is very empathetic ,understands,so "nazi" p.a. chimes in "you know,10 days after this type of surgery,you should be good to go "!-Yeah right!!
  10. cinrey

    PKR the other side

    Hi-well Im 6 weeks post op from my pkr,I have good days,bad days!I feel as though I take 2 steps forward,then 3 backwards.I cant tolerate being mobile for too long,all my lower extremities ache,my hip is hurting as well(ive had cortisone injections before).I see the doctor today,however last...
  11. cinrey

    TKR Mitzi here....one month past LKR

    Hang in there,im almost 5weeks out,using a cane for long distances only,its a process,youll get there
  12. cinrey

    TKR Mitzi here....one month past LKR

    Hi Mitzi-inever know where to post either!The moderators usually help me out
  13. cinrey

    Surgery is Tuesday (12/16) and now I have a cold!

    I guess everything happens for a reason
  14. cinrey

    Surgery is Tuesday (12/16) and now I have a cold!

    Good luck for your big day,enjoy your holiday.I kind of wished I had waited to do my knee after the holidays,its frustrating for me not to do my usual flurry of activities...
  15. cinrey

    PKR the other side

    Youre right everyones journey is different,my ortho told me about his patient who had a replacement on a tuesday,back to work on the next monday!Well good for them,but ive limped in pain x 11 months so its highly doubtful ill be bouncing around soon!
Back
Top Bottom