Guest viewing is limited

TKR Discouraged

Status
Not open for further replies.
@brandnew_knee

I had my left TKR on October 21. At 7 weeks I was also discouraged. Someone told me that you have to measure success in weeks and months, not days...and, finally, they are absolutely correct. I personally found at 8 weeks I had a significant improvement. Personally, I found that the "tight metal band around my knee" feeling lasted forever...it did finally start to really go away at about 2 months. Today, my knee is completely pain free...I'm doing 30 minutes of walking on a treadmill every day and really enjoying life. I'm even looking forward to doing this again on my right knee in March or early April...so I'll probably be back here discouraged again.

Net out, at 3 months you will start to really feel fantastic...it's worth the wait. Hang in there.

Peter
 
Hi-I havent posted in awhile,Ive been recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia!lucky me! The latest on my post op knee that is starting to worry me is,when walking i will get a sharp,sudden pain in the front (patellar tendon?)and knee feels like its going to give out-errrr!Im calling os office tom.
 
Hi-I havent posted in awhile,Ive been recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia!lucky me! The latest on my post op knee that is starting to worry me is,when walking i will get a sharp,sudden pain in the front (patellar tendon?)

Sorry to hear about your fibromyalgia, just what you needed added into the soup of recovering from your knee.

I too had pain in my second knee right were you are saying. It ended up, for me anyhow, being tendonitis. Thankfully with the help of my os, it only lasted about 3 weeks total, the worst of it only about a week, following his advice to a T.

Let us know what your os says about the pain you are having.
 
Sorry to hear about the fibromyalgia diagnosis. Are they giving you any help with it?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom