My bmi is 41 my RA consultant has tried so many times to get me on the list but no way will the surgeon put me on it till my bmi is below 40 it's just ridiculous I've applied to go private but the waiting list is just as bad as the NHS I feel I'm in a catch 22 situation I'm in so much pain
Hi
Am a 60 year old female in serve hip pain been like this for 2years now I suffer with rheumatoid arthritis and am over weight I live in Wales my question is has anyone else been told a surgeon will not even look at me cause am overweight I am desperately trying to loss weight but my...
Hi I see your from UK I had TKR in march due for my next one 28th December 2015 I found having a bed down stairs for the first week helped stairs can be difficult when you first come home but really that's all I needed I,m lucky because we have a downstairs toilet and shower room
well done for getting through the op hope your on your way home soon I had my rtkr the end of march best thing I,ve had done remember onwards and upwards x
Thank you for all your replies and help information having a bad day today feeling sorry for myself think it because I use to being around people being at work not being able to drive is a pain how long do I have to wait...?? hope you all have a good day
Hi everyone
Hope your all doing ok....??
So I'm 4 weeks post operative my knee is still very swollen and very tight like someone has put a very tight elastic band inside my knee not sure if this is right....?? I do ice and elevate my leg at least three times a day I'm trying to do the excises...
@Cat Lady hi I had my op the same day as you and I'm still in a lot of pain I'm taking my meds but think my body getting used to them as the pains still here I cant seem to do the exercises the physio has given me and starting to think I never will because of the pain but we must stay stronger...
@Cat Lady @AnnaMule just wanted to wish you both luck for your op on Tuesday hope your not as nervous as me...??? trying to keep busy so I don't think about it but its not working hugs x
Hi everyone
I suffer with rheumatoid arthritis, have done for 30 years now. I've made it to 52 years of age but now I need both my knees replacing. Living in UK and being on the NHS I've had surgery cancelled three times. Today I've been to see a new surgeon as my old surgeon did not have time...
Wow 4hours surgery I thought it only took 90mins.....??? yes I have two ice packs ready I notice you are very young to have a total knee replacement I saw my consultant today and he went on about was my age saying I was bit young at 52 and how a new knee only lasts 10years but if your in pain...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.