Recent content by charley86

  1. charley86

    THR THR in 20's

    I think it's because my body is misaligned. I have the same issue in my right hip but it has not developed into bad arthritis so they have not done surgery. I wonder if having the surgery on my right hip would even out my alignment. How do I figure out if this is the right thing to do? Who do I...
  2. charley86

    THR THR in 20's

    Hi everyone, I'm 14 months out. Still not feeling well. I've had a migraine for 2 months and it feels like my body is out of alignment. I've seen countless RMTs, physiotherapists, and chiropractors. My range of motion with both legs is not the same, and my right side of my body is building up...
  3. charley86

    THR THR in 20's

    Has anybody else gotten lower and/or upper back pain post-op?
  4. charley86

    THR THR in 20's

    @MarkK Just read your message. Thank you! The other leg has osteoarthritis too, but not as severely damaged. It has been feeling okay for the last few days, but just some clicking. I will wait it out for a while and see how it goes as my activities increase. Just looking forward to feeling back...
  5. charley86

    THR THR in 20's

    @Legs4lyf Thanks for the message! I'm so thankful for this site to be able to connect with all walks of life. I'm interested in hearing how your recovery goes and would love updates along the way =) ---- Little update for me: Funny how so much can change in just one week. Since my Debbie...
  6. charley86

    THR THR in 20's

    @craftdee thank you for the response. It does help hearing your comparison to your son, and you're right about the test card. I guess I'm just having my own pity party right now and making it hard to see the light at the end. It's hard to let all of the negative feelings go when all you can do...
  7. charley86

    THR THR in 20's

    Just looking for some encouragement... I'm 8 weeks post-op, and have been able to do more things such as water walking, driving and at least getting to work to observe. But with that being said, the difficulties seem to be outweighing the good. The left side of my pelvis is sitting lower than...
  8. charley86

    THR THR in 20's

    Well, I made it back to my first day of work today. Aside from my little students being shocked and happy to see me, the first thing noticed was my weight loss. Happy to finally be getting back into shape as I'd gained almost 20 lbs from not being able to exercise properly pre-surgery. yayy! I...
  9. charley86

    THR THR in 20's

    Can anybody tell me (or give me a link) information on restrictions after the 3-6 months post op? ie. Can I do squats? What about weighted squats? How far past 90 can I go if I want to stretch a lot after work outs. Are all Yoga poses safe? Is it unsafe to dance? And I don't mean ballroom...
  10. charley86

    THR THR in 20's

    @CanukTriMom Sorry, I just saw your post now! As far as pain, it's very minimal. My physiotherapist is really impressed with my progress so far, but she has no answers for my above question ^^.
  11. charley86

    THR THR in 20's

    Hey does anybody else have issues or concerns about internal rotation after surgery? My left hip seems to be missing a lot of this internal rotation from what I can tell so far. I'm hoping that this gets better over time rather than worse?
  12. charley86

    THR THR in 20's

    okay thank you for the feedback. The pain has not gotten worse, but has also not gone away. Perhaps I will call my doctor if it persists for a few more days.
  13. charley86

    THR THR in 20's

    I accidentally knocked a cup over with my crutches last night and my automatic reaction was to twist and grab it. I'm having an aching pain in my hip now, and am not sure if it's me just over-worrying, or if I could have damaged something. Does anybody have any suggestions or feedback? Is this...
  14. charley86

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Well, this stuff does not even gross me out anymore. My dads girlfriend could not stop raving about the clean cut. She is a nurse, and has apparently seen some really messy ones.
  15. charley86

    THR Xtina16405 recovery thread

    ah okay, I was not informed of any restrictions... but I'll make sure to ask just to be safe =) I have physio next week, so will see about it then too.
Back
Top Bottom