Recent content by CG'sknees

  1. CG'sknees

    THR Jan 21 - Time for the Right Hip

    Hi, thanks! Yes, I’m getting better each day. Had a plateau mood last week, “will I ever really get better?”. I recognized it from my other surgery, so just powered through the mood. I’ve felt a small leap of strength the last couple of days, like I’m getting very close to moving to the cane...
  2. CG'sknees

    THR Jan 21 - Time for the Right Hip

    Today marks 3rd week since I had RTHR, and things are going along swimmingly (knock wood). I’m in the midst of transitioning off the Norco, and am replacing it in my dosage schedule with Advil (2 200mg tablets at night and 1 during the day). Alternating this with a single 500mg tablet of...
  3. CG'sknees

    THR Having a rough recovery

    I found that my need for relief was more associated with a jitteriness I would experience if I didn’t take the Norco (5 oxy/325 acetaminophen). I experienced it a decade ago after my second knee replacement, so recognized it with my left hip replacement this past June. Looking at my notes from...
  4. CG'sknees

    THR Jan 21 - Time for the Right Hip

    Hi guys, I’m now at Day 14 of RTHR and doing really well. It’s been a lot easier recovery than my left hip. I remember days then when I sobbed with frustration, and with this one I’m getting more independent each day. I’m able to be alone for several hours, so I manage getting myself settled...
  5. CG'sknees

    THR Jan 21 - Time for the Right Hip

    @Elf1 thank you for your encouragement. I have done my best to try and stay ahead of the pain, that’s why this pain is so discouraging. I’m on a med sched devised last surgery, and it goes fine, until bedtime. I am all nice and comfy ready for the good sleep I had on the first few days, when the...
  6. CG'sknees

    THR Having a rough recovery

    I’m sorry to read of your pain. I had surgery last Friday and am now experiencing the pain that comes after the nerve block wears off. I honestly don’t believe all these people who claim to be doing so fantastic after 2, 3, or 4 days. If you caught me at the right time on any day of this...
  7. CG'sknees

    THR Jan 21 - Time for the Right Hip

    Layla, thank you for your reply. It’s an interesting fact to learn. I don’t know that I agree with surgeons’ concept of not “planting a seed”. I respond better if I know what could happen. I guess my friend (who can be a bit whacky) was right as far as that is concerned. What happened to me last...
  8. CG'sknees

    THR Jan 21 - Time for the Right Hip

    Just completed Day 4, and as expected, there were ups and downs. Days 2 and 3 saw an easing of the joint stiffness, which made me so happy, but I faced the constipation hurdle, that had me in frustrated tears last night. I began to have some success in that area, so started the day in good...
  9. CG'sknees

    THR Jan 21 - Time for the Right Hip

    Hi guys! Well, I was back home by 6pm, mostly because I was reluctant to leave. Plus PT didn’t come by until 2pm, and they had to sign off for discharge from hospital. I know my husband is a rather reluctant caretaker, so I was wary of leaving. But he’s been good…so far. :roseshwr: I was really...
  10. CG'sknees

    THR Jan 21 - Time for the Right Hip

    I’m trying to sleep, have to wait up early tomorrow for right hip replacement. I have to leave the same day, which makes me a little nervous. Wish me luck!!
  11. CG'sknees

    THR Recovering at home from June 17 LTHR

    Hey, hi all! I’m now at 3+, almost four months, in my recovery . Had x-ray done on Sep 27, the surgeon said all looked good. I am ready to have my right hip replaced, we agreed on January as a good time, so I’m scheduled for Jan 21, 2022 for RTHR. The left hip is recovering well. It’s now the...
  12. CG'sknees

    THR Recovering at home from June 17 LTHR

    Here I am at six weeks post-op, and here is what’s new: -I’m on a cane now, even taking steps at times without it as I prepare my breakfast, or dinner for my husband and myself. -I’m able to drive! I placed a grocery order, and drove over to the store for pickup. That was pretty exciting...
  13. CG'sknees

    THR Recovering at home from June 17 LTHR

    Oh, that’s not good! I hope you got a nice reward for that mishap, I suggest diamond stud earrings. My husband had definitely mellowed now that my crying jags have abated. It’s all overwhelming, for caretakers too. I have more independence now (shower myself for last few days!!!), and that is a...
  14. CG'sknees

    THR Recovering at home from June 17 LTHR

    Hi! Yes, a lot of questions! I’m not good with the highlighting quotes thingy, so thank you for numbering your questions. 1. The surgeon did mention this in the pre-op room. Then in first post-op visit he placed a clean washcloth between my incision and roll and said that this could be a way to...
  15. CG'sknees

    THR Recovering at home from June 17 LTHR

    I’ll check their website, thanks for the tip. . I tried getting one via Amazon that didn’t work out. Hope our status as “delicate petals” ends soon.
Back
Top Bottom