THR Jan 21 - Time for the Right Hip

Thanks for sharing the great progress you’re making. Such a blessing to have an easier recovery the second time around. I’m sure going into surgery with a little familiarity helps also. You‘re doing great, keep it up and enjoy the weekend!
@CG'sknees
 
Today marks 3rd week since I had RTHR, and things are going along swimmingly (knock wood). I’m in the midst of transitioning off the Norco, and am replacing it in my dosage schedule with Advil (2 200mg tablets at night and 1 during the day). Alternating this with a single 500mg tablet of Tylenol. This dosage schedule, which I’ve mentioned before was something my daughter suggested during my recovery from LTHR last summer, has worked so well. Thank you sweet daughter!
I’m still on the walker, though I often toddle away from it if I’m near a counter that I can grab onto if needed. I’m still not quite ready to go solely to cane only. I’m doing quite well with ADLs, have been able to shower myself, though I won’t do it if I’m alone. I don’t want to have any trip ups while at home alone!!!
I also prepare my own simple meals, breakfast and lunch, and will also prepare something for the hubby if he wants the same thing. We like to share takeout meals, so we do those several times a week for dinner.
I still need a good nap each afternoon. They say that’s when the body repairs itself, so I welcome the sleep.
My son was in a car crash yesterday (someone ran a stop sign in a residential street and hit his car), but he’s OK; my grandson was ill at the beginning of the week with suspected Covid, but testing all week has been negative, so it’s just an old fashioned cold; and my cleaning person had a burst appendix and has been in hospital fighting infection for over a week. These are the things that have stressed me out this last week, not my hip. Please god, or whomever, may my family and those close to me be kept safe. :prayer: :friends::angel: Thank you.

Well, that’s my report at three weeks. I hope and pray that you all have a good weekend. The “Big Game” is being played here on Sunday, and I hope that it doesn’t cause another spike in our Covid cases. Sending up another prayer!!!:prayer:

Cheers all! :dogwalk:
 
Oh, my goodness!! I’m so glad your family is okay. Sending angel protection blessings to you and all those close to you. :angel:

Your recovery sounds like it’s coming along swimmingly. You’re doing it right by listening to your body. Just keep doing what you’re doing. Now if only everyone else will behave.:) :-) (:
 
Wow, lots of worrying things going on for you. But it’s good to hear how well your recovery is going.
 
Oh my…what a stressful week for you! Thankfully you’re doing well. I hope your grandson’s cold and your cleaning persons infection both resolve quickly. Thanks for updating with your wonderful progress. Keep up the good work and enjoy the weekend!
@CG'sknees
 
Happy One Month Anniversary, Righty! Hope those two new hips are working well together.
Wishing you a wonderful week, CG. :SUNsmile:
@CG'sknees
 
Hi, thanks! Yes, I’m getting better each day. Had a plateau mood last week, “will I ever really get better?”. I recognized it from my other surgery, so just powered through the mood.

I’ve felt a small leap of strength the last couple of days, like I’m getting very close to moving to the cane. That’s the next challenge. My son is doing well, looking for a new car, and my grandson is finally recovering from his cold. So those stressors are abated, thank goodness.

Celebrated my 71st birthday yesterday with family and granddogs. It was a fun day. I’m officially OLD!! :old:

Wishing you all a great week! Stay safe. :) :-) (:
 
A belated Happy Birthday to you!
Glad you had fun with family on your special day. You’re only as old as you feel and with two new hips and a little more healing time under your belt, you’ll feel like a younger version of yourself. :yes:
Spring and Summer 2022 should be good! :happyfeet:

@CG'sknees
 
@CG'sknees Happy Belated Birthday! :flwrysmile: Great that you were able to celebrate with family. Sounds like you're doing well on the recovery side and wonderful that your stressors are gone.
 
Hippy Birthday (a tad late) @CG'sknees :loveshwr:

Still early days of recovery.
Slow and steady does get old, but you will get there.:friends:
 
Happy Two Months, Righty!
I hope you’re doing well since you last posted.
Spring has finally sprung, wishing you a happy healthy Spring 2022! :flwrysmile:
@CG'sknees
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Back
Top Bottom