Recent content by ceezee

  1. ceezee

    THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

    Some of the best advice I got was to not ever look at recovery on a day to day basis. Week to week at the most and then month to month as you get more healed. Slow and steady is the key.
  2. ceezee

    THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

    In retrospect, I should have waited longer than two months in between the surgeries. I’d say a minimum of three. I just wanted to get it done over the summer as fall is my favorite season.
  3. ceezee

    THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

    It’s been a couple of years since I last popped in to give a brief update. SIX years since I got both hips replaced, two months apart. They are still doing great and no complaints. The only issue is going through security stations takes a bit more time to get a pat down. Although my husband...
  4. ceezee

    THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

    I thought I’d give a quick update. The Norway trip we’d planned was delayed due to Covid concerns until this year. That’s where we are right now! In Norway. Last year we did a couple of driving trips to Maine and Canada, which were fun, I have to say I never give a single thought to my powerful...
  5. ceezee

    THR Continuing pain after one week

    Thanks. I think this is exactly what happened to me. It really didn’t feel right from the beginning. I couldn’t quite explain what was off. At the time, I attributed it to the fact that if you have two hip replacements they don’t necessarily feel or heal the same.
  6. ceezee

    THR Continuing pain after one week

    I do think it’s probably pretty rare. My surgeon said when it happens due to installing the rod into the femur they usually can see it when it happens and repair it immediately then. If they do that you’d never know it happened. Mine was likely very slight and hiding behind the bone so didn’t...
  7. ceezee

    THR Continuing pain after one week

    i just saw your post and briefly read through it. I had a femur fracture show up during my one month visit and was put on non weight bearing for as I remember about a month. It was not visible during my initial post surgery X-rays. I used crutches during this time as a walker was just too...
  8. ceezee

    THR Elf1 Recovery Road

    So good to hear from you! We’re around the same timeframe. I’m right between my first and second hip replacements, two and a half months apart. I couldn't feel better. My hips feel like they did when I was young, before all the pain. I honestly don’t think about them any more. I know for a...
  9. ceezee

    THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

    Wow!!!! I didn’t even realize it. Thanks! @Calgal I’m getting the kitchen totally remodeled and packing up everything has put my hips through a good workout. Solid titanium. Can’t beat it. The trip to Norway is now happening June 2022. This year is a washout. Hopefully by this August we can...
  10. ceezee

    THR Review after 1 year - is it necessary?

    Unless something I’m worried about comes up, my surgeon wants to see me next 10 years post op. So it all varies.
  11. ceezee

    THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

    So true. In so many ways we were very lucky. And when I make sourdough bread I always think of you too. It’s a great connection. Over time and space.
  12. ceezee

    THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. This forum and the wonderful people who hang out here, provide sage advice, and keep it going saved me. I found it shortly after my first surgery and the support here kept me on track and ready to battle everything that came my way. I literally could...
  13. ceezee

    THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

    :wowspring::wowspring::wowspring: That snuck up on me. I’m doing pretty darn great. Hip pains all gone and have been for months. I really don’t give them much thought anymore. I’m not getting enough exercise but I can’t blame that on my hips.:heehee: I’ve been cooking up a storm. At least one...
  14. ceezee

    THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

    :wow::wow::wow: I just realized that yesterday was the one year anniversary for my left hip. I spent it laying around outside reading, working in my gardens, playing with the dogs.....normal stuff! A few more months and it’ll be one year for my right. Good normal stuff.
  15. ceezee

    THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

    Hah! They’re saying it may even snow here tomorrow. I doubt it but it’ll be super cold for here. In the 40°’s.
Back
Top Bottom