Recent content by ccarol

  1. ccarol

    THR Worsening pain 5 months post THR surgery

    @Celle Thank you for the welcome and the valuable information and reminders! I took my cane out of storage and placed it in the foyer to use at least on the stairs. No need to be in any additional pain. It's hard not to feel that I have taken 10 huge steps back at this point. But it makes sense...
  2. ccarol

    THR Worsening pain 5 months post THR surgery

    Hi All, I was active on this site back in 2016 after I had my right hip replaced with the posterior approach. It was a difficult time and took about a year for all of the soft tissue to heal completely, but since then I've had no issues with the implant or soft tissue, and have been happily pain...
  3. ccarol

    THR Ccarol's recovery

    Week 5 and I have been given permission to drive again. I adjusted the seat so as not to break restrictions. I have bucket seats that are a little uncomfortable so I will try add a small pillow. I'm starting back to work on Monday. I will start with a combination of in-office and at-home...
  4. ccarol

    THR My recovery journey<

    @Arlene56 My surgeon is pretty conservative and he prescribed 6 weeks of PT 2x per week. My PT who is even more conservative recommended 2x per week for 8 weeks. Maybe ask your surgeon if you could cut your PT sessions to 2 times per week instead of 3, or start with 2 days per week and...
  5. ccarol

    Knee pain

    I would have your doctor take an x-ray specifically of your knee especially since you were in an accident recently. You never know, it could be referred pain from your hip or it could have been injured in the accident. Prior to my surgery I was having pain in my knee as well. When I went to...
  6. ccarol

    wrong symptoms, is this the right op for me?

    @shirleyH When I was first diagnosed as having OA in both of my hips, I was shocked. I went to the doctor for an unusual pain I was having in my groin area and the x-ray showed OA. I didn't know what referred pain was prior to that. By the time I needed replacement I was having pain from my...
  7. ccarol

    Wow I'm so worried and scared of hip surgery

    @sherrymorss60 Congratulations on your weight loss! :wow: Your doctor will be very happy about that. Make sure that you are not reading into what people are describing as normal aches and pains of recovery as "complications". I am a little over 4 weeks post-op. I worry a lot and complain a...
  8. ccarol

    THR Ccarol's recovery

    @Cynthia777 Thanks for reminding me that there is a lot of healing to do and not just a few months. Some days I wake up feeling so good, I think I can do more than I should. @Zelda After one of my walks this weekend, my unoperated leg felt worse than the operated one. My surgeon said that...
  9. ccarol

    THR My recovery journey<

    Humm, I don't know why she would say that. Neither the nurses in the hospital or the in home PT said anything negative about me icing 24/7. I understand completely what you are saying. My second week of recovery was so emotional. I had never felt so alone. It gets better, hang in there!
  10. ccarol

    THR I'm just a pup at 3 wks post op. Am I normal?!

    @HIPpieGal7 Hi and welcome! I also had the posterior method a little over 4 weeks ago. I had a hard time sleeping during the first week as well because I needed to take pain meds every four hours. Although I'm a side sleeper, I didn't really have much trouble sleeping through the night on my...
  11. ccarol

    THR Ccarol's recovery

    Week 4 post surgery as of yesterday. It's one of those down days for me. It seemed like I was making such good progress and than last week I felt like I took a step backwards. I still have sharp pain in my groin area when I walk or lift my leg. The good news is the pain in the pubic area...
  12. ccarol

    Hip Bone Spur

    @Holly Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day :flwrysmile:
  13. ccarol

    Surgery tomorrow!

    @Kitsmom I just wanted to wish you the best for your surgery tomorrow and a speedy recovery. I too had pain that radiated from my lower back to my knee. The first time I went to the Dr. was to get checked out for pain in my groin that I experienced when I was jogging. I was shocked when I was...
  14. ccarol

    THR Ccarol's recovery

    @Miss Muffet It certainly makes my day! For a split second I don't recognize myself. Petty soon I'll have my old strut back :heehee: @Toddlermom Lol, I love your positive attitude! @Cynthia777 Yes, quite a relief! I find that if I move a little slower and take smaller strides it doesn't...
  15. ccarol

    March 15th but....

    @lost1 yes, a spinal with sedation seems to be quite common, it's what the surgeon recommended to me. I said I was fine with it as long as I couldn't see, hear or smell anything (the smell comment was due to a long and complicated dental procedure had). In the pre-op room they gave me...
Back
Top Bottom